26 | The Balcony

Renjun was going over what he needed to do. He, of course, hadn't caught feelings like any other person. He didn't want to try nor bother in love. It was something he lost a long time ago. Renjun could hear Jaemin and Jeno fucking around on the top floor, but didn't care. He got music in his ears.

Renjun got a notification that someone was at the door. 

Renjun answered the door and it was his Doyoung hyung. 

"Oh Hey, Hyung," Renjun said.

They ended up having a late decision about things, and Doyoung bid goodbye, staying for a nice dinner made by Renjun. 

-

"Renjun, do you like Doyoung hyung?" Chenle asked as they sat on the balcony, chilling with the night. 

"Nope, I just admire him. But, I don't really have anyone in the mind after he died. But, whatever, mortals easily die off, don't they? This is why I choose not to love anyone," Renjun replied. 

"Well, Haechan hyung, he already has fallen," Chenle said.

"But, what about you, Chenle?" Renjun questioned.

"Uh, I'm trying to hold my feelings back for him, because I don't want to end up like you," Chenle muttered, Chenle jumped a bit when Renjun patted his hair.

"It's alright, you don't have to be. Just love who you want, and that's all that matters," Renjun quoted. Chenle nodded, but someone was listening to their conversation. 

-

Renjun walked out, needing to do some grocery shopping. Renjun came across Jaemin, who was at the low level of the condo complex. "Oh, hey," Jaemin said, walking up to Renjun.

"Hi, what's up," Renjun asked.

"Oh, nothing, where you headed?" Jaemin asked.

"Ah, I just need to do some shopping for the brats," Renjun said with a smile.

"Can I come with?" Jaemin asked the boy.

"I guess, if you have nothing to do," Renjun sighed. Jaemin radiantly smiled at Renjun who rolled his eyes at his little stupidness. Renjun smiled, as Jaemin followed along. They reached the market as Renjun went to pick out fruits and vegetables, Jaemin was hanging around just fucking with Renjun's mind. 

They spent like an hour in the store, buying a shit load of things for his house, but it all worked out. Jaemin helped Renjun with groceries and such, but that's about it. 

"Man, this is a lot," Jaemin whined.

"I know, I have to feed like two hungry children," Renjun replied.

"By the way, what did you mean when you said the word mortal last night?" Jaemin questioned.

"That's none of your business," Renjun said, noticing that Jaemin probably most had overheard his and Chenle's conversation. Jaemin helped Renjun put the groceries in the fridge and Jaemin bid goodbye. 

Renjun looked at the balcony, he made a reminder. Never say anything when it comes to the balcony.