Chapter 39: Ezra and Elizabeth

Present- 2022

Charity was walking along the streets of London on her own. She didn't want to go back to the Malfoy-Potter residence. It held too much of Lilian's spirit in there and she just couldn't stand going back there right now. Sure, she's not dead and she's going to the past with Cameron so that she can see the love of her life, but she just can't take it. There's this one person that she knows that she can talk to.

~

"Lizzie!" a boy with silver hair and very tan skin called out to his sister.

"What have I told you about calling me Lizzie?" A girl with the same tan skin grumbled to her brother. She was shorter than her older brother and had stills. She was a very fragile girl- physically, not mentally. She had this bone disease that she had received when she was born and has suffered through it till now. It hasn't gotten better, but thanks to magic and muggle techniques she hasn't gotten worse and and only a little bit better. Once both of their parents died Elizabeth ended up moving to England with her older brother Ezra. They used to live in France, but decided to leave the past behind for a long while and moved to England. That's where Ezra actually met Lilian.

"Well I'm sorry Liz," Ezra giving his younger sister a coy smile.

"A bit better," Elizabeth nodded with a small smile. "So what did you need Ezra?"

"Look who's here," Ezra gesturing to a girl with short blonde hair with pink tips at the end. It was Charity.

Elizabeth eyes brighten up with glee and yelled, "Charity!" She went over as fast as she could and gave her a tight, but yet gentle hug, which Charity gave back right away. Once they pulled away she asked, "what are you doing here?"

"Well..." Charity started with a bit of a nervous glance. "Lilian went to the past and I'm going to be going after her with Cameron."

Elizabeth's eyes widen, along with Ezra's. "You can't be serious," he said to her. "Lilian would kill you, and probably now me since you told us."

Charity gave him a sheepish smile. "Yeah. Well. I needed to tell you guys. It felt right to."

"You can't do this Charity," Ezra shaking his head.

"I can and I will!" Charity said matter of faculty. "I'm sorry, but I'm going."

"Why though?" Elizabeth whispered with glassy eyes. Elizabeth saw Charity as one of her big sisters, Lilian being the other one, and she's someone who she can relate to. She doesn't have magic. Sure it was different for the both of them because Charity is a Muggle and Elizabeth was a Squib, but that doesn't change the fact that they both don't have magic.

"I can't just leave Lilian Elizabeth," Charity told her with a sad whisper. "I don't want to leave you behind like this, but this is for the best. The best for my sake at least."

Elizabeth understood where Charity was coming from. She knows how much love they share with each other and Elizabeth knew she'll never have something like that, but she just knows. The squib girl shook her head in a yes format to show Charity that she understands what she has to do. "Please just don't get hurt. And that goes for Lilian and everyone else too."

Charity smiled at the small girl who was tiny for her age. "We'll try not to," and she went to the door, opened it, and left.

"Why would you let her go like that Liz?" Ezra asked his sister.

"She's in desperate need of love from Lilian," she replied. "I can understand that clearly."

The siblings met each other's eyes and smiled at each other. "Guess you're right," the brother letting out a breathless laugh. "I can understand their love. Not in a million years will I ever find any."

"Don't give up hope Ezra," Elizabeth giving the silver haired boy a bright, pearly white smile.

~

Past- 1995

"What's up?" Lilian sitting down at the Slytherin table. She knows she should really be sitting at the Gryffindor table, but she saw how Aquarius was and the state she was in, so she decided to come to her.

"Nothing much, but Aquarius having a mental breakdown last night," Orion told his older sister.

"Why?" Lilian's eyes going wide with worry.

"It's what happened with that Wilson character is what happened," Draco grumbled angrily. "He had to go make his stupid comments and now Aquarius here is upset for punching him in the face."

"I know you don't like hurting people Aquarius—" Lilian started, but got cut off by her sister.

"You know," she sniffed. "You recognize the name too. Don't you?" Lilian's face went blank. "Lilian," Aquarius whispered. "We know of him in our time. Charity's mom is Matthew's sister. That's why I'm most upset about this."

"That's more of a reason why you shouldn't be upset Aquarius," Lilian said sternly. "Charity and her mom, especially her mom, has been through enough of their bullshit. You remember what happened when we went to America two years ago. For us at least."

"Of course I remember and I feel horrible. That's also another reason why I'm upset. I'm crying because of a bitch who couldn't accept his sister for who she was. Matthew's sister is a squib. His sister in non-binary. Yet, he couldn't accept her? I'm crying for him? I just want to punch him in the face just because of my tears. I want to punch myself in the face."

"You will do no such thing Aquarius Lily Malfoy-Potter," Lilian said with a stern face. "No hurting yourself, nor hurting anyone else. No matter how much of a bitch they are," she sighed. "I want to talk to Charity about this, but yet I can't."

"You probably shouldn't have came Lil," Aquarius whispered.

"I had to though Aqua. I couldn't stay back thinking that there could be a chance that my brothers and sister were going to get hurt. I love you guys and I know what's to come here. You do as well. Thinking about it just haunts me. Me being here gives me a sense of peace."

"Then stay," she whispered. "Just don't expect Charity not to show up."

"Why do you say that?"

"I know things Lilian. I know at one point she'll be coming here. Be prepared when that happens. Ok?"

"Ok."

~

Present- 2022

"You ready Teddy?" Darla called over to her god brother.

"Ready as I'll ever be."

And then he was gone.