Chapter 46: Hayden Disobeying & The Falling Out

Present- 2022

"I can't believe that Cameron stole my dimension watch," Hayden grumbled to his older sister, Diamond.

"You were easier to get it from Hayden," Diamond told her brother. "You're his friend, so I'm going to go with he knew how to get it."

Hayden sighed. "I guess you're right."

"You want to barrow mine?" She asked him.

The Ravenclaw boy perked up. "Really?" He asked in disbelief. "Like, are you actually serious?"

"Sure," she shrugged her shoulder. "I don't see why not. Plus, it's not like I'm going anywhere. Darla got me wrapped around her delicate little finger and I can't even leave to go with you."

"I could bring you with me you know," Hayden reassured.

"Nah. I'm not going to deal with annoyed parents and Darla at the same time and get in trouble. I'd rather stay here and have Darla rant on how incredibly stupid you all are. Quite frankly I find it amusing," she grinned. "Here," the half snake girl tossed her watch to Hayden, who caught it with ease. "Don't destroy it or else I'll destroy you."

"Yes ma'am," the Ravenclaw saluted jokingly. He then put in the the time that he was supposed to be heading to and he was gone.

Diamond sighed. "He's going to get me in so much trouble if he doesn't come back unharmed."

~

Past- 1995

Siren and Cameron were alone in the Gryffindor common room. It was late at night and Siren couldn't fall asleep, so Cameron decided to stay up with him while the Ravenclaw read his book. Tomorrow was the last task and there was so much worry and stress going on around and that made Siren not able to function. Lucky for him he had Cameron to keep him company through this stressful time.

The quite atmosphere that they were in decided to disappear because of a very annoyed and loud older brother. "Cameron!" He also seemed very pissed off. "How dare you steal my watch you wanker!" It was Hayden.

"Shhhh!" Siren was now annoyed. "Be quite will you?" He whispered shouted. "Why are you here anyway?"

"Because I can?" Hayden was kinda disappointed that his brother didn't seem all too excited to see him. But in his defense he's very grumpy when he's tired and gets pissed off when someone ruins his moments with Cameron. "Plus, who doesn't like a bit of an adventure?"

"Is your adventure disobeying out parents and then getting in big ass trouble with Papa, who could walk in here at any moment and yell at you?"

The older Ravenclaw shrugged. "Worth the trouble I guess. You know how I am."

"I'm surprised that you weren't put into Gryffindor," Siren said amused.

"Not only Gryffindors like a sense of adventure Siren," Hayden crossing his arms in a defensive matter.

"I'm aware," he smiled lazily. "Now if you excuse us," he motioned to him and Cameron. "I would like some peace and quiet please. Tomorrow's the third task and I'd rather try and get some relaxation time before then."

Hayden frowned at his brother then looked towards Cameron. "Cedric?"

"He'll die tomorrow," Cameron nodded. "Picked the perfect time to come Hayden," the Metamorphmagus gave him a small smirk.

The elder Ravenclaw gave him a humorless laugh. "You're right about that."

~

Present- 2022

Diamond was laying on the couch thinking about nothing in particular. She's just laying on the couch and looking at the ceiling. She's off in her own little world. That world got shattered once she heard her sister yell at her. Or was it for her? Diamond really couldn't tell when it came to Darla.

"Diamond!" Darla shrieked.

That said girl turned her head towards her fuming sister with no reaction, but a little fear in her eyes. She turned back towards the ceiling so that the blonde couldn't see her face, which got paler by the moments. "Yes Darla?" She asked.

Darla probably sensed that Diamond wasn't in the mood to really talk, but it was quite important that she talked to her sister at that moment, so she calmed down a bit and spoke in a softer tone. Still firm though. "Where's Hayden?"

"Went to the past."

Darla was shocked. "What!? Why!? How!?"

"He wanted to go, so I gave him my watch. Simple as that."

"Why did you give him your watch? And why didn't you go with him? I'm surprised that you're even still here."

"I wasn't going to deal with you scolding me about going to the past. I wish I did though because I was going to get a scolding from you anyway." Diamond started to sound very annoyed. She sat up and turned towards the blonde Ravenclaw. "I feel like you always push me around you know? Always telling me what you think is right and wrong. Treating me like a child when I can take care of myself!" She shouted the last part.

Darla winced at the girl's words, but she straightened up right away and gave Diamond the hardest glare that she could muster up. "Maybe it's because you do act like a child and are very impulsive! You hurt yourself and are not doing your body any good you know! I'm trying to help you!"

"You're not doing the best job at helping me you know! I can do whatever I want with my body and you know it!"

"Not when it's going to harm you! You are so reckless and don't think! You get all these tattoos, you drink, you vape, you go around doing, I don't even want to say it. You're Not helping yourself!"

"Maybe I do these reckless things because I wanted to get attention. Maybe I keep doing these things because I don't have a sister that supports me." And that's when Diamond left the room. Before she fully left she said, "Lilian was always there for me, but you always went and did god knows what. Definitely not helping me. You left me and didn't talk to me for years and all you have to say is stop doing these stupid things. That's all you say to me Darla. Thanks for nothing."

Darla stood there speechless. How did this falling out come? Right. She had to blame her for giving Hayden her watch and let him go to the past. But, it could have been her fault as well no? She wasn't always there for Diamond. She always relied on Lilian for things like this. Darla guesses that she never really understood her sister. Maybe there's something up?

"Stop thinking so hard," said a voice that Darla wasn't in the mood to deal with. "You'll hurt yourself."

"Ezra," Darla simply said and turned towards him. "What the hell are you doing here? Shouldn't you be with Elizabeth right now?"

"She's here," Ezra responded. "She's with Albus and Scorpius. Now. Back to what just happened between you and Diamond. Are you alright?"

Darla huffed. "Am I alright? No. No not really if I'm going to be honest. I felt like I just broke my sister. Or was she already broken like this? I have no clue. Ezra, she's my sister and I know that she's hiding something from me. I don't know what though and it's bothering me you know. And I don't know what to do."

"How about you talk to her? That would be a step towards the right direction," he suggested.

The Ravenclaw huffed. "You're probably right."

"Aren't I always?"

"You have your moments."

Darla then left the room to look for Diamond, leaving Ezra behind looking bewildered. God, does he love that spunky blonde. Too bad she would never like him the way he does.