Chapter 48: The Dead Hufflepuff

Past- 1995

Aquarius was nervous. The champions just entered the maze and that meant that Cedric Diggory was soon to die. She's not going to know what to do once she sees the dead body on the floor, but she knew that she wasn't going to be ok for a long while.

Harry looked at his daughter and gave her a sad look. He knew exactly what she was thinking. He didn't want his children to experience this, so why did he decide to keep them here? He regrets keeping them here, but it's already too late. He made up his mind and so did his children.

Zoey was next to her best friend, who was a nervous wreck, and was biting her nails. It's a habit that she never broke out of, no matter how many times both her dads try and help stop her. She looked around and saw the excited and nervous faces and many kids, but litte do they know someone will be dead in the end.

Orion was staring off into space. He wasn't blinking nor anything. It's like he has already seen death itself. It was worrisome at this point, but there was no way in breaking the Slytherin's trance that he was in.

Siren was hiding his face into Cameron's chest. He refuses to look anywhere at the moment. He didn't want to risk seeing the dead body of an innocent man who did nothing wrong, but just be there at the wrong place at the wrong time. Luckily for him that he had Cameron there for comfort or else he feels like that he would have faced the wrath of seeing a dead Hogwarts student that just participated in the Triwizard tournament.

Charity it felt like sleeping. It was quite because nobody wanted to talk. The anticipation for who was going to win the tournament was too much for everyone. She was resting her head on Lilian, who had her head right on top of hers and arm around her waist. It was comforting for Charity.

Teddy was fidgeting a lot and it took a lot of 'calm downs' from Hayden for him to calm down some what. Hayden wasn't much better though, so the two ended up hugging each other to make them stop moving around so much, even though it didn't help too much, but just enough to make them stop moving. Plus, they looked so ridiculous in the position that they were in.

Red sparks sprouted up into the air. Someone was in trouble or hurt. That wasn't too much of a good sign, but the teachers should be able to get to the champion that was injured.

A few minutes later teachers came back with two of the four triwizard champions, Viktor Krum and Fleur Delacour. Looks like Harry and Cedric are still in the running. That brought up their anxiety more.

~

Present- 2022

"Do you think that they'll be ok?" Hermione asked the group of adults surrounding her. There was Ron, Blaise, Draco, Pansy, Luna, and Ginny with her. They all had a cup of tea and were talking about what could be happening with Harry and the children that were in the past and planning for when they get back. "Especially Harry."

"I think they're not going to be ok once they see Diggory's dead body," Draco exclaimed flatly and taking a sip from his tea. "Assuming that they stay till then that is."

"I am going to assume that they will," Hermione went into her mode, the mode where you don't want to mess with. "This isn't healthy for Harry Draco and you know it as much as I do. The kids will be traumatized no doubt, but Harry witnessing Cedric's dead body again isn't going to be good for him. He's going to need help once he gets back and we all know it."

"I agree with you Hermione," Draco told her. "And I will be prepared to make sure that he gets the help he needs, but I'm going to need some help as well."

"Especially with the kids," Pansy continued for Draco. "Zoey is there, so Ron and Blaise are going to be dealing with her before they help with anything. You're going to need to call up Charity's mom and make sure that she's here when they get back. Hermione, Ginny, Luna, and I will make sure your kids are ok Draco. And I bet the others will help out as well."

"I can call Helen, Jason, and Joey and have them come over as well," Ginny suggested.

"That would be great. Thank you Ginny. Thank you to all of you," Draco told everyone.

"It's really no problem Draco," Luna said in her soft, dreamy voice. "We are basically family after all."

~

Past- 1995

There was a high pitched scream coming from below the stands. Harry had gotten back and that's when all hell broke loose. At first everyone was celebrating for Harry coming back with the cup, but it didn't last long because of the screams that were from Fleur. That was the sign that Cedric Diggory was dead.

Harry, who was on top of Cedric's body, sobbing and not wanting to let go of Cedric kept saying that 'he's back! Voldemort is back!' Cedric's father was yelling, 'my boy!' Over and over again. He was obviously upset about what happened to his son and was not in the right state of mind. Who would be in the right state of mind when someone who they truly loved died? Nobody, especially a parent's child, would never be in the best state of mind.

Up at the stands you could see Harry Potter and the rest of the children up there with him. Harry was staring off into space, wishing that he didn't have to go through this again, with his arms around Aquarius, who was sobbing and clutching his shirt. The girl expected this to happen, but she definitely wasn't prepared. Zoey was was tearing up, but not crying fully. She couldn't let that happen. It didn't feel right to cry at that particular moment. Orion and Cameron were the same. They just sat there and mimicked Harry and stared off into space. Siren was clutching Cameron's shirt tightly and grinding his teeth together and hoping that he wouldn't cry nor look in front of the scene being played out in front of him. Lilian had her eyes closed and was holding onto her fiancé and rubbing her back. It was too much for her, but she had to comfort Charity, who was silently sobbing. Hayden and Teddy just held onto each other and looked at what was happening. They wanted to look away, but it was impossible for them. Curse their curiosity.

Everyone was very sad for what has happened to the Hufflepuff boy. It wasn't the best of days. Especially since there was a chance that the Dark Lord was back. And that just showed how much trouble everyone was in at that very moment. That will soon go away though. Because the Ministry will make sure of it. But that's for next year. Let's just focus on what's happening now. A boy is dead. Raise your wands for the boy who was named Cedric Diggory.