Thunderstorms -📌🌈

Platonic! (Friendship)
Rainbow Steve x Professor Red

Summary: Blue Steve goes out to collect resources while Professor Red and Rainbow Steve stay at the lab. When Rainbow Steve gets scared from the thunderstorm outside, he turns to Red Steve for comfort.
~🌺🌸Enjoy!🌸🌺~

•Third Person PoV

The crackling of a fireplace could faintly be heard over the sound of rain pattering down the glass panes. The wind made slight growling as it shook the trees.

Rainbow Steve settled down on the couch and started channel surfing next to Red Steve, who was doing research on his computer.

The multicoloured Steve stopped on a random channel, putting the remote down as he pulled a fluffy grey blanket over him to block out the cold. It was raining heavily, and the mist was clouding up the windows. Not the best weather, but oh well.

Rainbow leaned back, resting his head on the arm of the sofa, and closed his eyes. He focused on the calming sound of the water droplets against the windows, mixed in with the sound of a crackling fire and Red's quiet typing.

The colourful spectrum of a Steve was tired to say the least. He had been practicing with the Artefacts all day, it had worn him out.

"Watcha researching Red?" Rainbow asked, glancing beside him at his Red friend.

"I'm trying to reverse the ingredients in a potion I made a while ago to make an antidote. Harder that it sounds." He replied, merely looking in Rainbow Steve's direction before turning his head back to the screen.

Rainbow Steve huffed in annoyance. "You're not one for conversations, are you?" He asked, shuffling around a bit to get comfy.

"Nope."

The colourful Steve sighed, but left it at that considering that Red Steve was busy.

Maybe I should have a little nap.. Rainbow thought to himself, as he slowly started to drift off into sleep.

He was quickly disturbed by a loud bang from outside. He let out a squeak of surprise as he sat up and snapped his head towards the window.

Red Steve looked over, and gave a dry chuckle. "It's just thunder Rain, calm down." He began typing again shortly after.

Calm down? Yeah, sure. Rainbow thought to himself as he settled back down.

Another loud boom made him jump in fear. Luckily for him though, Professor Red hadn't noticed.

This went on for a few minutes, Rainbow jumping as fear coursed through him every time thunder rang out, each time Red Steve failed to notice.

"Eek!" Rainbow let out an audible yelp as he jumped again from the overwhelmingly loud sound. This time however, Red Steve did notice.

"You good Rainbow?" He asked, fully turning to look at the colourful being. His breath hitched slightly as he saw how petrified his friend looked. He felt kinda bad.

He's scared of thunderstorms? He wondered, waiting for a response.

Rainbow froze hearing those words. What was he meant to say? Tell him you're scared! He mentally screamed.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine!" He answered, mentally cursing himself for stuttering.

"Whatever you say Rainbow Steve." Red Steve said, going back to his research. He's definitely scared. He's also terrible at lying.

Another boom from outside, and Rainbow scrambled over to Red Steve, hugging him from the side whilst burying his head into Red's neck.

Red Steve was startled by the sudden feeling of someone hugging him. He felt a small wave of relief as he saw it was Rainbow. Then he felt sympathy- Rainbow really was scared.

He saved his work, shutting the applications and closing his laptop down. He flipped it closed and slid it onto the coffee table.

"It's okay to be scared, y'know?" He said, reaching over Rainbow and grabbing the blanket. He got a small hum in response.

He draped the blanked over the two of them as his attention turned to the TV. "I'm here for you Rainbow, you're okay. You're safe, I promise."

Rainbow Steve looked up, meeting Red Steve's gaze. "T-Thank you.." he muttered quietly, shifting so he was leaning against Red Steve's side.

Red chuckled, throwing an arm around Rainbow Steve's upper torso so he could cuddle into Red Steve more. "Of course Rain."

They ended the conversation there as they sat cuddled together on the sofa, draped in a cozy blanket watching whatever the heck was on the TV.

Rainbow didn't feel as scared of thunderstorms anymore.

  ~🌿☘️A/N☘️🌿~
That was kinda cute actually, what do you lot think?

Word Count: 754
<3