He was hurt, then he was not - 🌈📌

Requested by AspenLovesRoleplay

Platonic!
Professor Red x Rainbow Steve
(Comfort chapter/Angst with fluffy ending)

Summary: While resting in the Spirit World, Rainbow Steve comes across something that reminded him of his friends. His friends that he had lost so long ago. It made him remorseful, and he was still overwhelmed by all of the things he remembered. Luckily, and old friend was close by to help calm him down.

                  ~🌺🌸Enjoy!🌸🌺~

Rainbow Steve was walking through the Spirit World. He had grown bored looking at the sky, so decided to explore the nearby forest. It was a dark oak forest, so it was pretty dense, but he found his ways to manoeuvre around.

He was strolling along, when he saw a patch of colour from behind one of the tress. Curious, he walked over to find a small flower patch. He sat down in front of them and smiled, but then that smile turned into a frown of confusion.
"I'm pretty sure these don't grow naturally together.. Were they planted?" The colourful Steve muttered, examining the smallish flower patch.

The patch consisted of Red tulips, Dandelions, Blue orchids, and Alliums.

Why was this weird? Well, Red tulips and Dandelions for the most part are normal wild flowers, but Alliums only grow in flower fields, and Blue orchids only grow in swamp biomes. How did he know this? He was friends with a green Steve, duh!

"Green Steve would've known more about this than I do, and probably why someone planted them all together." Rainbow Steve said,  leaning against a tree. "Green Steve.." he muttered quietly, looking at the leaves above him.

"What even happened to him? He helped me not lose hope, he was cured and then I just ran off.. The Green Steve that saved me from the lab! I never even tried to find him again.. Well, I guess he did leave.. But I could've found him and said thank you or something.." Rainbow Steve went from shouting to muttering back and fourth as he remembered past friends.

"Purple Steve.. What even happened to him? He just disappeared when we found Blue Steve again!" Tears started to prick the eyes of the colourful spectrum of a Steve. "B-Blue Steve.. He..." Rainbow Steve completely trailed off. "Elder Blue.. He died trying to help me and Blue Steve.." Rainbow Steve felt tears start to fall down his cheeks. "Yellow Steve..? I don't even know what happened to him. He stayed at the kingdom.." Rainbow Steve paused as he felt guilt build inside of him. "And Professor Red.. He left after the whole argument and the lab blowing up. We split ways and never saw him again after.."

Rainbow Steve was crying now, pulling his knees up to his chest as he lowered his head to look at the flowers again. "They all left," he paused as he choked back a sob, "and it's my fault."

The colourful entity jumped when he felt someone hug him. "It's not your fault, don't blame yourself." The person hugging him said. 'You sound familiar to me..' Rainbow Steve thought. He only thought it subconsciously though, as his mind was more focused on making him cry.
"Hey, calm down. It's alright." The person comforted, still holding the colourful Steve in his arms comfortingly.
'Wait a minute..'

"Professor Red..?" Rainbow Steve asked, and he heard the person chuckle. "Yeah, it's me Rainbow Steve." He replied, and Rainbow gasped. "There- There's no way.." he muttered in disbelief, but there obviously was a way since when the person pulled away from the hug, it really was the Steve that he recognised.

"I- Oh my god it is you! B-But how?" Rainbow Steve stuttered, still crying. "I'm not entirely sure myself, but obviously fate a guess." Professor Red answered, sitting in front of the other. "Aren't you a professor? And you're leaving it to fate? Wow." Rainbow Steve joked, desperately trying to stop himself from crying. "I am a professor, but I genuinely don't know why we found each other again. I do know that was a very desperate attempt to push away your feelings, which I don't think you should do. It's okay to feel sad about them you know?"

Rainbow Steve gazed down, before quickly gazing up as he was hugged again. This time, he leaned into the hug, fully wanting the comfort. "You really shouldn't be to sad about it. They're all here somewhere. This is the Spirit World after all." Professor Red explained, looking down at Rainbow Steve, who smiled. "Y-Yeah, I guess your right. I just wish it wasn't my fault-"
"It isn't." Professor Red said sternly. Rainbow Steve looked at him. "What?" He asked, slightly taken aback by the sudden change in tone. Professor Red pulled out of the hug and sighed.

"It isn't your fault. It is nowhere near your fault. You can't help the fact there were evil people in the world, that's why you tried. You tried your best and we all helped you. It's not your fault they passed on, or you didn't see them again. If you could've stopped it, I know you would've. Now stop crying idiot, I'm a Red Steve and I hate the fact I'm showing emotion."

Rainbow Steve smiled and laughed, and he used his sleeve to wipe his tears away. He hugged Professor Red tightly. "Thank you." The colourful entity replied, and he was replied to with a laugh. "Anytime."

                   ~🌿☘️A/N☘️🌿~

Thank you AspenLovesRoleplay for this lovely request! This was very fun to write!

I hope you all enjoyed and remember, requests will be open for a while, so get requesting!

Also, uhm..

Rainbow Quest special chapters?

Maybe once a week? Hmm?

Word Count: 957
<3