I just don't know how - 💜🌈

Romantic!
Purple Steve x Rainbow Steve

Summary: The two friends are out adventuring together, and Rainbow Steve was ranting about a few things that upset him.
He got upset at Purple Steve because he wasn't acting like he cared, but in all truth, the Purple entity just didn't know how to show it.

                  ~🌺🌸Enjoy!🌸🌺~

•Third Person PoV

"It's just so frustrating!" Rainbow Steve yelled to his friend, who nodded in response.

Rainbow Steve had been yelling- Well, not yelling, but venting to his friend Purple Steve as they adventured through a really dense forest. Purple Steve was listening closely to his colourful friend. I mean, he had been through a lot.

"I just woke up and now they are expecting me to save the world! It's just so stressful and I don't understand!" Rainbow ranted, and Purple Steve hummed in response.

Rainbow Steve just kinda slowed down, stopping abruptly, and Purple Steve did the same. "You alright?" He asked carefully, and Rainbow glanced at him for a second, before speaking up.
"You don't care, do you?" He asked, and Purple Steve froze. "What? Of course I do!" He yelled back in surprise. He tried waking towards the colourful Steve, but he just backed away.

"No. No you don't." Rainbow argued back, and the Purple entity just looked at him sadly. "I do, Rain.." He replied quietly. He always looses friends this way, he didn't want to loose another one. Especially not Rainbow. "Then act like it." Rainbow snapped, and Purple Steve tensed up. "What?" He asked, although it was more if a whisper.

"Then act like it! Act like you care, Purple Steve!" Rainbow Steve was getting a mixture of emotions flooding him, and he didn't know how to feel about it. Purple Steve stayed silent. "What I thought.." He muttered, and the Purple being quickly looked up at him. "Wait-"
"Save it." Rainbow exclaimed coldly as he started to walk away.
"I-"
"I said save it Purple Steve!"

Purple Steve stood there and looked down, starting to feel guilty. "N-No.. No, no, no! No, not again!" He yelled, his voice cracking as he trembled slightly. He felt tears prick his eyes as he tried calming himself down. "No, I need to find him."

Purple Steve ran off in the direction his friend had walked in, and just hoped to find him.

After a few minutes of running, he spotted a glimpse of colour, and slowed down to a speed walk. He got closer and saw that it was the person he was looking for.

"Rainbow Steve wait!" He called out, and saw him stop. Purple Steve came to a stop just a few feet behind him as Rainbow Steve turned around. They were both silent for a moment, neither of them knew what to say.

"Why'd you follow me? To keep being a jerk?" Rainbow Steve questioned coldly, and Purple Steve glanced to the side. "No." He replied, and Rainbow sighed. "Then what do you want?"
"I want you to let me explain." He answered, his voice cracking ever so slightly. Rainbow Steve glared at him, but not to harshly. Just enough to make sure the other knew he was upset. "Explain what Purple Steve? Why you're such a jerk?"

Purple Steve looked down and blinked back the tears that returned to his eyes. He took a deep breath and and nodded. "Fine." Rainbow Steve replied and he smiled.

"Thank you." He muttered quietly, before taking a small breath. "I- I don't actually know how to explain this, but I'll just try my best." Rainbow Steve gave him a confused look. "Go on.?" He said.

"Rainbow Steve, I.. I do care. I care about you a lot, actually. I just- I.." He trailed off and stayed silent for a moment. "I just don't know how to show it, per say. I've never been that social, so I'm not that good at expressing myself. Anytime I tried to be friendly, I either came across as rude, I got shunned, or I ended up doing what happened a minute ago and I just get misunderstood. Eventually I just gave up trying to be nice, so that's why when you met me I was a complete jerk. I guess I still am. I don't mean to be, honestly. I do care. I promise I do." Purple Steve explained, and Rainbow Steve was slightly taken aback. "Why didn't you say that before?" He asked, and Purple Steve looked up at him. "I was to nervous.."

Rainbow Steve frowned, before walking up to Purple Steve. Without warning, Rainbow Steve hugged the other tightly, his arms trailing around his waist as he rested his own head on Purple Steve's.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you, Purple." Rainbow apologised, and Purple Steve smiled. "It's fine." He replied, blushing when he realised how close he was to Rainbow. "R-Rain?" He muttered quietly and Rainbow hummed in response as he broke the hug.

Purple Steve grabbed his by the hand and led him to one of the bigger trees, quickly pushing him into it, using one of his own arms to pin both of Rainbow's arms above his head. Rainbow squeaked at the action, blushing a pinkish reddish colour.
"You remember how I said a care about you a lot?" Purple Steve asked, the other nodded. "Well.." the Purple entity trailed off, and smiled softly at the other, before leaning down and kissing him.

Rainbow Steve froze for a moment as his blush darkened, but eventually kissed back. The kiss lasted a few seconds, but it felt longer then that to them. They pulled away, both a blushing mess. Purple Steve gave a small chuckle. "Sorry, I probably should've asked before kissing you." He apologised, and Rainbow Steve giggled. "It's okay." He reassured and Purple Steve smiled, unpinning Rainbow Steve's wrists.

"Rain? How do you show that you love someone apart from kissing them?" Purple asked, and Rainbow laughed, wrapping his arms around Purple's neck. "Well, you can show it with affection, like kissing, hugging, cuddling, and so on. You can show it by taking them on dates, and getting them things, which you do not have to do. That's usually on special accessions and such. You also show it by comforting them if they're having a hard time, cheering them up, making them laugh, sticking by their side and being there for them. Just being a good partner is all you need to do really."

Purple Steve just locked eyes with him. "I'll try my best." He said, and Rainbow Steve pecked him on the lips. "I know."
"I love you."
"I love you too."

~🌿☘️A/N☘️🌿~

Cute >w<

So uh, peoples, I need requests.
P l e a s e-
I have one, maybe two, chapter(s) after this. If you have any requests, please tell me. Thank you!

Might be dropping a prologue for an upcoming Steve Saga fanfic soon 👀

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed today's chapter and have a lovely day/night!
Bye!

Word Count: 1175
<3