Chapter 1

Mika's POV

"I goddamn hate flying" I thought as I held on to the rails of my seat. It's been an awful nine-hour flight and the landing was always something I hated. I breathed out in relieve when the big bird came to a stop.

Finding my luggage was one huge irritation. "Hello" I answered my ringing phone. "I just landed at the Naples International Airport, mom. I'm trying to find my luggage in this chaos. I'll call the kids once I'm settled. Tell them I love them" Pause. "Thanks again for looking after them. I'll be back in no time" I said knowing I'm not fooling anyone.

"I'm gonna kill Keith when I get back" I thought while waiting for my luggage. "Well to be honest the company needed me to get the Italian branch back on track and I had to get out of South-Africa. But it sucks to be away from my kids" I thought. After my divorce I struggled to get away from my abusive and cheating ex. It was one thing after another. First, there was a break-in. Nothing was stolen except for my personal documents. I had to make out new identification documents for myself and the kids. If I didn't keep copies in my office, I wouldn't even have any proof of my divorce settlement. Next, I was the victim of a hijacking and if it wasn't for eyewitnesses who came to the rescue, I probably would've been tortured into taking my ex back. The last straw came when my naked pictures were leaked to my bosses. Luckily everyone was understanding, and my CEO decided that I could do with going away for a while. I sighed when I finally received my luggage and made my way to the exit to find a taxi.

FLASHBACK

"Please forgive me baby. Everyone makes mistakes" Cameron said pleading. "So, you call fucking another woman and impregnating her a mistake? This is not the first time Cameron. You know that I told you it will be the end of us if I catch you cheating again, after I found you and your ex in our bed. What the fuck is wrong with you? I can't live like this anymore" Mika screamed feeling as if she was suffocated. Eight years of her life she spent with this mother fucker who looks her in the eye and lie to her. She doesn't even know him anymore. "The only way you are leaving me, will be in a coffin. Till death do us part, remember?" Cameron sneered as he grabbed her by her neck and threw her against the wall. Her head hit something hard and the next moment darkness consumed her.

She woke up tied to the bed. "What are you doing Cameron? Please let me go" Mika pleaded. "Never. I will never let you go. Do you hear me? You are my wife and you will stay my wife. Just like we vowed" Cameron said a look of wild anger on his face. Mika looked at him in shock and realized that it's been a while that she hasn't felt anything for him. All of the lies, cheating and abuse made her love for him vanish. And all she could feel for him was disgust and hatred. She knew she had to get out. For herself and her kids. A knock on the door made him flee the room. "Mika! Mika! Open the door. Where are you?!" her brother called from the front door. "In here Brody. Help me!" she screamed back. Some loud bangs were heard and after a few minutes her brother stood in the bedroom door. A look of anger spread on his face when he saw the state, she was in. "I'm gonna kill that son of a bitch" he said, his voice shaking in anger. "Don't worry about him. Get me out of here. I need to leave, please" Mika begged.

END OF FLASHBACK

I never looked back after that. I wish that I could say the same for him. "Where are we going madam?" the taxi driver said in a thick accent that shook her out of her daydreaming. "Edgewater hotel, resort or whatever" I said absent mindedly while taking out my phone to look at a picture of my adorable 8year old twins. The driver just shook his head as he drove through the heavy traffic.