Chapter 1

Arc 1: The Reincarnated Noob

Chapter 1: Glory?

" Glory? "

I muttered those one word in a confused tone. Those words, where did I heard it before? It sounds so familiar. It feels like I would have a headache if I force myself to remember them... It wasn't that Glory to Mankind thing that they are talking about right? Right? I am certain that the yorha– the Nier: Automata is definitely not an online MMORPG game.

" Happy Birthday Jun Feng!! "

I stared at my parents who greeted me happily. They look like that they are so proud of their work. Inside my room, additional things has been added. I was certain that it wasn't here just a few hours ago.  It would be obvious if there was a complete PC set, a strange device and a poster of a game called Glory.

" Do you like your surprise gift? "

My mother asked. Beside her Father was holding 3 strange looking cards.

Well....

" We have prepared this for your birthday son! Aww, where is the smile? What's with that reaction? "

" Truthfully, I wasn't expecting something exaggerated as a computer for a birthday gift. "

And I also don't expect them to give me a game as a birthday gift. Now, I remembered hearing the Glory from the people. But for some reason my mind was saying that wasn't the entire reason why the game feels familiar.

" Well, you have been a good child Jun Feng! You truly are the best Child a parent could ask for! "

My mother leaned a bit to pinch my cheeks. It hurts. I really hated it. But because it was mother, for her– I am willing to endure this kind of torture.

" Also, you have your brother and sister to thank for Jun Feng! "

My father said. He stopped mother's attempt to pinch my cheeks for much longer time. My eyes then swept behind me and towards the two people. My brother and Sister.

" It was only possible much because of them! They have spend some so we can have this gift for you. "

I look at my brother and sister who was smiling. I frowned. As expected. This day, is definitely suspicious. I woke up just like any normal day– and I also forgotten that today is my 9th birthday. Just like my usual normal day, I would look at the bookshelves or if there was any book that was place within the small table next to my bed.

I would spend my time reading in the morning for a bit before my mother would come in the room and bring me to the dining room where all of us would eat together. That time, I thought that everything would be just a normal day until my brother and sister said that they don't have any work today. In my sister's case– her part time job. They decided that they would come in amusement park and I was included. I was surprised that my parents agreed. I always remembered how they were so overprotective of me. It's an endearing and saddening trait of them at the same time.

In the amusement park, my brother and sister enjoy themselves together with me. Of course, we didn't go in any rides, I wasn't allowed to go there. Still, I enjoyed watching them trying to get the prizes and fail in every stall. The food was also delicious.

I didn't expected a thing, a little bit since I wasn't aware what the current date it is. So when we got home– we ignore the rude stares of some people, I was really surprise when my sister opened the door to my room and the sound of bang and the sight of confetti greeted me.

After that, I notice the very obvious computer set and the poster of the game Glory. I wasn't really expecting a game since I thought that parents should discourage their children when it comes to computer games. But now, looking at my parents– it seems that the opposite thing is going on for them.

They are encouraging their son to play a game. If some people heard my situation, their following reaction would probably be "what the heck?" along with their feeling of speechlessness.

After the my birthday gift surprise, my sister brought a cake and a got to blow the nine candles place on them.

" What is your wish Jun Feng? "

My Sister asked curiously after I blew the candle.

" It was a secret. "

I said and smiled slight at my sister's frustrated pout.

" I can't tell you since it wouldn't come true. "

Truthfully, I have nothing to wish for in this life's 9th birthday. I have my wish already granted by God. A chance to live a second life again with my family in a same yet different Earth. This life is more than can I ask for, I only plan to live peacefully and happily as possible. Even when the clock is ticking by for me.

-----------------

AN: And another fanfic self insert story again. This time, it was the King's Avatar. Hope, you like it.