Chapter 22

"So DeDe

"So DeDe. I can call you that right?"
Jessica asked. I nodded my head and she grabbed my hand and took me over to the kitchen.

I looked behind me and saw Carlos with a smirk dancing on his lips. His eyes were twinkling with amusement. He caught my eye and winked at me before following behind us.I blushed a light pink and quickly ran to catch up with Jessica's fast pace.

The kitchen was a large space and was decorated very modernly but ,like the rest of the house, it had little aspects of wood to it. The cabinets were a clean white that had absolute no stain on. A wide square island was in the middle with metal stools surrounding it. The back wall was made of bricks and had a rustic clock perched on it. Little lights hung from the ceiling and flooded the room with light. It looked as if they had no cooks in here at the moment.

Jessica released my hand from her tight grasp and went over to the fridge ,located on the left side, near a cabinet full of glass cups.

I just stood awkwardly in the doorway not really knowing where to go. A warm hand on my lower back made my body arise with heat. I jumped at the sudden contact and turned my head to see Carlos stood behind me with a soft smile on his face.

He started navigating me to the stools in the middle of the room. I approached them and saw that they were way to high for me to mount. I placed my hands on it and tried to push myself up but it didn't work. I tried again but ,once again, failed. I let out a huff off frustration. It's so hard being small sometimes. I can't reach the top cabinets. I can't get my own glass in my kitchen. I can't even get on a chair. Bananas. This is ridiculous.

I felt hands grip my waist and lift me up. I squealed a bit in surprise. I was placed on the stool and pushed in closer to the counter. I looked to the side to see Carlos sitting down on his own stool. He turned to me and sent me another one of his signature winks.
Like every other time, I blushed and looked down at my hands on my lap that were playing with the strings of the jogger.

"DeDe how old are you?"

Jessica was stood ,leaning on the counter opposite me and Carlos. She had a glass of water in her hands and was taking sips of it once in a while.

I looked up at her.
"I-I'm 17. 18 o-on October 12th."

She let out a sigh of relief.
"Oh thank the lord."
I sent her a weird look. Why would she be thanking the lord? Did she think I was younger or older? Why would that be a problem?
"You look really young like 15 and I don't really want my brother going to jail because he's  with a minor. I mean with the hickeys on your neck it's clear you two are doing stuff together."

She pointed a finger to my neck with the hand she was holding the glass with. I blushed and brought my hair to either side of my neck to try hide the hickeys.