Chapter 5

Heavenly Voice was a talent show produced by YG Entertainment and A City TV Station. As long as a person was a citizen and at least 18 years old, any male or female could participate.

Based on the large crowd that came to the casting auditions, Lisa assumed that the broadcasting building would be packed with people as well. However, when she arrived, she realized that even though the building had quite a few people busying about, there was nowhere near as many as she had imagined.

At the entrance, she filled out a form and received a number card from the staff. She was instructed to wear it and wait in the waiting area.

The waiting area already had quite a few people. All the seats were already occupied so Lisa was forced to find a spot by the wall to stand.

She had planned to imitate the people around her and plug in her earphones to listen to music, but someone tapped her arm just as she took out her phone. Lisa turned her head around and saw an unfamiliar, short-haired girl. She looked to be about twenty years old and had a pear flower perm.

The person smiled at her and appeared quite embarrassed. “Excuse me, I’m a little nervous, and I was hoping I could find someone to chat with.”

Lisa paused for a moment and then smiled in return. “No problem, I’m actually a bit nervous myself.”

Hearing Lisa’s words caused the girl to relax a lot. She introduced herself quite naturally. “My name is Eunha. What about you?”

“I’m called Lalisa. You can call me Lisa."

“Lisa, this name is quite pleasant. I’m a music student. Do you also study music?”

“No, I’m very amateur.”

Eunha’s eyes flickered, laughing, “You’re too modest! Anyone who is able to pass the casting audition must have a certain level of skill.”

“….Really?”

“Of course! Over ten thousand people tried out, but only about three hundred people ended up passing the audition.”

Lisa, “…..”

Somehow she had unwittingly stood out for her talents among a pool of ten thousand people? She remembered that, at the time, she had just randomly sang out a couple lyrics…..

As the two were speaking, a young girl dashed out of the evaluation room crying. She rushed past Lisa, an air of despair trailing behind her.

Lisa, “….”

What happened there….? Even if she was eliminated, there was no reason to cry so pitifully.

“She must have been scolded into crying by Great Producer Jeon. He’s a man who has even berated IU to tears.” Even though this was a fairly sad topic, Eunha’s tone of voice was clearly exuding excitement.

However, Lisa was too struck dumb by some else Eunha said. “Great Producer Jeon?” That couldn’t be her family’s great producer Jeon right?

“That’s right, he’s one of the judges. You didn’t know?” Just talking about this “Great Producer Jeon” clearly lifted Eunha’s mood. “The debut single of this competition’s winner will be produced by him. A lot of people are participating just because of that.”

Lisa wanted to ask for a bit more details, but just then a staff member came out from the room in the front. “Numbers 56 to 60, enter now.”

“Ah, I’m number 57.” Eunha pointed at the number card on her waist and waved her hands. “I’ll be going in first. Bye bye.”