Chapter 40

Chapter 40: I will take responsibility for you

In that split second, Lisa suddenly erupted with superhuman strength, just like Popeye after eating spinach. She lifted up her knee and smacked Jungkook right in the stomach.

“Oof!” Jungkook let out a muffled groan before collapsing by Lisa on the couch as if he had used up the last of what little energy he had.

After surviving the ordeal, Lisa took several big gulps of air and pushed aside the person who was laying on top of her.

Jungkook’s eyes were shut tightly, and he didn’t show any signs of waking up. Lisa climbed off the couch and straightened her clothing. Fortunately, she had put on a jacket when she had come out. Otherwise, wouldn’t he have seen everything just now?!

…Although he hadn’t seen anything, it seemed like everywhere worth touching had been touched.

Lisa’s anger didn’t abate easily. At first, she wanted to kick him a bit, but ultimately she reached a hand out to feel the temperature of his forehead.

It was still very warm.

She went to get some ice from the kitchen to made a simple ice pack and placed it on his forehead. Then, she went into his room to bring out his blanket and laid it over him.

She didn’t have the strength to move a man who was a hundred eighty something centimeters back into his room. She would have to let him suffer a bit and sleep on the couch tonight.

After completing her arrangements, Lisa was also exhausted and couldn’t wait to return to her room to sleep. Who would have imagined that right when she stood up, she realized that Jungkook had tenaciously grabbed onto her sleeve at some point.

Lisa, “…”

She looked down and stared at the sleeping Jungkook for a moment. Then, she skillfully slipped out of the jacket she was wearing over her pajamas.

Since he liked sleeves so much, she would leave the entire jacket for him.

She was really too kind and generous.

Wearing a strappy nightgown, she quickly ran back to her room, making sure to lock the door.

Since Jungkook was feverish, she didn’t dare fall asleep too deeply. Halfway through the night, she even got up to change his ice pack. When she saw that his temperature had pretty much fallen back down, she was finally able to sleep peacefully through the rest of her night.

The next morning, Jungkook was the first to wake up.

As he dazedly realized that he had fallen asleep on the living room couch, he casually lifted his hand to realize that he was holding onto Lisa’s jacket.

Jungkook, “…”

Hold on, don’t panic! Think carefully about what happened last night!

He remembered that last afternoon, he had felt very unwell after getting soaked in the rain. However, he had been been determined to complete the master recording so he hadn’t paid it much attention. He had returned home very late last night, and it seemed like he had chatted with Lisa for a moment, but what about after that?

The image of him calling Lisa wifey and pressing her down on the couch to forcefully kiss her flashed through his mind.

Jungkook, “…”

Had he actually been such a beast and done *that* with Lisa…

No way! How could he have done something so shameless?!