Chapter 70

Chapter 70: You're this well behaved even when your wife isn't around?

On the other end of the phone, Lisa blanked out for a long period of time. In the end, she quietly mumbled in agreement.

Jungkook laughed lightly, "Come back quickly. Don't keep me waiting for too long."

Lisa didn't know why, but for some reason she felt like Jungkook's words were really sexually charged.

After ending the phone call, she took a bath and went to sleep. She had leave for the next city early the next morning so it was necessary to stock up on energy.

Although the schedules for these signing events weren't very packed, autographing was a strenuous physical activity in itself. Each time she finished an event, her hand felt like it had been wasted. Lisa actually started thinking about undergoing physical therapy.

Her only source of comfort was that the album sales were still climbing. Even though the numbers weren't climbing as quickly as they did right after the album's release, the increase was still quite steady. The number of critic reviews for this album had also grown. As for Thank You, the song that she had written herself, quite a few media outlets had given her encouraging, positive reviews.

Even though the lyrics weren't anything too stunning, they were very moving. In conjunction with the music that Jungkook had composed specifically for her wide vocal range, she was able to use her clear high notes to shake the Kpop music industry once more.

Although Jungkook had said that every song in the album Thank You was a top song, this title track was undoubtedly number one in terms of difficulty.

However, there would inevitably be people who enjoyed undertaking big challenges.

Jungkook's eyebrows furrowed deeply as he interrupted yet another contestant who had crashed and burned while performing Thank You. "This isn't singing. This is murder."

The contestant, "..."

He collapsed under the weight of the Great Producer Jeon's criticism.

On the side, a judge who had suffered the same attack spoke with a voice full of trepidation, "Fortunately I don't have heart disease. Nowadays, working as a judge can also be considered a dangerous occupation."

The contestant, "..."

After walking out resentfully, he swore to himself that he would never participate in an elimination competition like this again.

The judges were way too terrifying.

After an afternoon of preliminary selections passed, Jungkook was finally able to breathe.

He felt like it really wasn't easy to survive day after day.

He walked to the parking lot by himself to fetch his car. Right when he fastened his seat belt, the cell phone in his pocket began to ring.

It was an unknown phone number.

After a moment of hesitation, he decided to pick it up anyways, "Hello."

The sound of a woman chuckling passed through the phone. She spoke in an extremely familiar manner, "Jungkook, I'm Nancy."

Jungkook blanked out for a moment before responding, "Nancy, you've returned to the country?"

Nancy laughed as she spoke, "Yup, but I won't be staying long." She paused briefly before continuing to speak in her voice that carried laughter, "It wasn't easy for me to return this once. I wonder if Great Producer Jeon is willing or not to do me the honor of getting a meal together?"