Chapter 35

Chapter 35: What is Your Favorite?

The watchband was not a luxury brand item, but it was thoughtful nonetheless. Inside the box, there was also a small piece of paper with the words “Happy Birthday” written on it.

The paper wasn’t signed, but he recognized this was Lisa’s handwriting.

So many years had passed, but Lisa’s handwriting still resembled the handwriting she had when they went to school together. After closer inspection, it had actually gotten a bit worse.

Jungkook held the box as he secretly felt happy inside. Then, he moved the cursor around to exit the screensaver and noticed that Lisa's account was online.

He sent her a message.

Jungkook : The watchband you gave me doesn’t match my watch at all.

Soon after, he received Lisa’s reply.

Lisa : Then return it to me. I’ll find a hemp rope to gift you instead. *smile*

Jungkook : Why are you giving me a hemp rope?

Lisa : Because you need some whipping *wink*

Jungkook : …

Smiling at the computer screen, he typed out another response.

Jungkook : Although the watchband does not match my watch, it is rather thoughtful. I suppose I will reluctantly accept your kind gesture.

This time, Lisa did not reply and her icon quickly darkened. Jungkook felt somewhat uneasy and began wondering whether or not she was actually going to find a hemp rope.

He got up from his seat and locked his bedroom door.

After his birthday successfully passed, dress rehearsals continued in full throttle. Jungkook had already postponed all of his recording studio appointments and used up over half of his time on the concert. The remaining time was spent entirely on writing Lisa’s new song.

Today after Lisa finished dress rehearsals she went to the training center to attend class as usual. When class was about to end, an employee came looking for her and told her to go to Jungkook’s office.

It could be said that she had recently been frequenting Jungkook’s office. That’s right, to lie on the couch. However, he had called her over so officially this time, so the reason was definitely not to nap or snack.

Lisa continued guessing all the way to his office. In the end, she began to wonder with anticipation if the new song had finally been finished?

She knocked on the door and entered. Alone in the office, Jungkook was looking at something he was holding. When he saw Lisa enter, he passed it over to her. “I have finished composing your new song. Take a look.”

Lisa jumped with joy. It actually was the new song! She finally had a song of her own. If she had to wait any longer, her hair would have turned white!

She took the score sheet from Jungkook’s hands and looked at the title, I’m here.

Whoa, an English title. How high class. Lisa continued looking over the score. After attending a few months of classes, she could now understand how to read musical scores. However, the more she read, the paler her complexion became. In the end, she raised her head from the score sheet and looked over at Jungkook, “You really want me to sing this song?”

Even though she already knew that all the songs composed by Jungkook were very difficult to sing, this song was really too difficult. She was still an amateur. Couldn’t he be gentler towards her?!