Chapter 38

Chapter 38: That’s right, I’ve gotten caught up in this act

The kiss was as light as a feather, but raging emotions surged through Lisa’s head.

What the hell! Where had this dominant personality type suddenly come from? What about the contract they had agreed upon? The contract?!

No no no, those weren’t even the biggest issue at hand. The biggest issue was that she had just been kissed!

Her first kiss in 25 years!

An explosion went off in Lisa’s head and turned her thoughts into a complete mess. What was she supposed to do now? Should she throw the screeching device or use the pepper spray? Or maybe make a break for the kitchen to find a knife?!

After blanking out for what seemed like half a day, she simply ended up covering her mouth with both of her hands. She glared fiercely at Jungkook, “The contract specified that both parties are not to have unnecessary physical contact!”

Her muffled voice traveled indistinctly through her palms, but Jungkook heard her clearly. He laughed and said to her, “Our lips simply touched just now, and it was completely necessary.”

Lisa, “…”

What was she supposed to do when the one who initiated the kiss was this shameless?!

Jungkook wore an expression that said “just give up” and continued, “Besides, what’s wrong with kissing my own wife?”

“…You’re getting too caught up in this act!” Profanities of every kind ran through Lisa’s mind.

Jungkook approached her and her eyes were immediately captured by his dark pupils, “That’s right, I’ve gotten caught up in this act. As long as you do too, we can move forward with the ninth item on the contract.”

He lifted up her chin with intense focus. Lisa’s hands were still tightly covering her mouth. When she saw that he was trying to kiss her again, she suddenly stomped on his foot, “Screw off!”

Recoiling from the sudden attack, Jungkook cringed as he let go of Lisa. Lisa seized the opportunity to push him backwards and rushed back into the safety of her room, flipping both of the locks on her door.

After taking a couple deep breaths while leaning against the door, she dashed into the bathroom to splash some cold water onto her burning cheeks.

Right after she finished wiping her face dry, Jungkook calmly knocked on her door, “Come out. My foot is swollen because of you.”

Lisa flashed a small smile before turning her head towards the door and shouting, “I’ve already let you off easy by not using my knee to attack your important place! Your foot is swollen? Deal with it!”

Jungkook, “…”

Based on his own principles of not lowering himself to fight with his own wife,Jungkook magnanimously expressed, “Then let’s call a truce. Come out to finish eating the noodles. They’re going to become bloated soon.”

When he put things like that, Lisa’s did feel a smidgen of heartache. Her noodles! She hadn’t even taken a single bite! However, trying to use this sort of trick to lure her outside? Haha she was far too clever to fall for that.

“Who’s calling a truce with you? Go away!”

Jungkook, “…”

He laughed and then knocked on her door twice more, “Well you can kiss me too. Wouldn’t that make us even?”