Chapter 65

Chapter 65: This isn't a miracle

The huge diamond on the ring sent Lisa into a momentary daze.

"This is..." She picked the ring up carefully and looked up at Jungkook sitting across from her.

Jungkook replied, "Of course it's a wedding ring. I didn't prepare anything for you when we were married. Now I'm making up for that one item at a time." The corners of his mouth curved upwards as he spoke up to there and grinned at Lisa, "That includes our honeymoon."

Lisa's eyes flickered. Then, she laughed out loud, "Didn't our honeymoon phase end a long time ago?"

"Who said that? We've been in our honeymoon phase this entire time." He took the ring from Lisa's hand and laughed, "Give me your hand. I'll help you put it on."

Lisa smiled and extended her left hand.

Jungkook lifted her hand. He admired it for a moment and then praised, "My wife's hands are really pretty. Her fingers are like green onion stalks."

Lisa laughed out loud, "Why didn't I hear you speak this smoothly back when I used to make you recite texts?"

Jungkook said, "Reciting texts is so forced. I'm sincerely expressing my thoughts right now. Of course I'd be more smooth." He slowly placed the ring on Lisa's ring finger as he said, "Ok, I've put a ring on my wife. There's no escaping anymore."

Lisa laughed and lifted up her left hand to take a look. The diamond twinkled brightly against the light. She frowned slightly, "The ring really is very pretty, but wouldn't wearing this out in public be too much?"

Jungkook thought for a moment, "Then I'll buy you another one that's more low-key some other day."

"No, that's fine. Who buys two wedding rings?" Lisa picked up a slice of cake and handed it to Jungkook, "Have some cake."

After accepting the cake, Jungkook used his index finger to pick up some cream and held it by Lisa's mouth, "Wife, I'll feed you."

Lisa, "..."

She swatted away Jungkook's hand and looked down as she silently ate her cake.

Jungkook chuckled and placed his finger in his own mouth which immediately filled with the sweet taste of the cream.

After Lisa's birthday passed, soon the album releasing date came closer.

Aside from working on the album's finishing touches, Jungkook was also busily planning the wedding ceremony. Making the wedding invitations, planning the seating arrangements – everything had to be done personally by him.

Lisa wasn't slacking off either. Not only did she work with him to handle the wedding ceremony matters, she even accepted a few gigs to appear on music TV programs to promote her upcoming album.

On May 19th, Lisa's new album Thank You finally went on sale as planned.

Meanwhile, Lisa and Jungkook's wedding proceeded in the presence of their close family, friends, and a priest.

Lisa had asked Chaeyoung to be her maid of honor. The eyes of this maid of honor were blinded immediately by the extremely large wedding portrait hanging in the assembly hall.

Even though she had previously witnessed their public displays of affection on Weibo, seeing it in person was truly a different story.

Holding onto her papa's arm, Lisa entered the assembly hall and walked towards Jungkook, one step at a time to the melody of the wedding march.

Their vows, the ring exchange, the kiss – although everything had been planned long in advance, the newlyweds brimmed with such happiness that the emotion spread to everyone who was present.