Chapter 10

Chapter 10: Semifinals

Dress rehearsal arrived quickly while everyone was in a frenzy preparing. All together, the dress rehearsal would span two days. Since there were a lot of people, schedules were distributed to all contestants. Each contestant only had to go to attend the dress rehearsal during their own time slot and the rest of the time could be spent training.

After the two days of dress rehearsal had passed, the staff members organized a lottery. The semifinal was structured as duels where the 40 contestants would confront each other 1v1. The loser would be eliminated and the winner would advance.

Lisa and a male contestant both drew number 9. She rejoiced that like her, he was also in the non-professional group. Although everyone had trained together for several days, she still didn’t even know his name.

She had just been contemplating whether or not to say hello and conveniently scope out the enemy when the enemy beat her to it. “Hello, you’re Lisa right? My name is Park Jinyoung.”

Lisa looked at the person who had walked in front of her and opened her mouth in astonishment. “What a coincidence.”

Jinyoung took a moment to follow her train of thought. “Do you know another friend called Park Jinyoung?”

Lisa shook her head. “No, I had a classmate called Han Jinyoung.”

Jinyoung, “…..”

In any case, the two sized each other up and then left to return to their respective homes.

Jungkook had been the one cooking dinner for the past few days and Lisa had become a happy leech. At the dining table, Jungkook asked about how the competition was going. “Who did you draw in the lottery?”

“Jinyoung!” Lisa set down her chopsticks and looked at him with a face full of excitement. “Do you still remember back in Class 3 there was a Jinyoung? You even had a love scandal with him!”

Jungkook, “…”

His complexion rapidly darkened and he silently stared at Lisa.

“Sigh.” Thanks to her animal instincts, Lisa felt a bit of danger. She didn’t want today’s training to become more intense. “About that, I have since thought it through and realized that when you took my love letter, you were actually trying to help me pass it on, not confess, right?”

Jungkook laughed coldly, “You needed twelve years to think this through?”

Lisa, “…”

Sorry orz.

Jungkook picked up some rice with his chopsticks and, acting as if he didn’t care, coolly asked, “Do you still like him?”

Lisa felt like this question was a bit inconceivable. “I’ve stopped liking him since a long time ago. I can’t even remember what he looks like anymore.”

“Ah.” Jungkook casually replied, but his complexion became much less tense. When they had met at the coffee shop, it seemed as if she had recognized him with a glance.

After dinner was the inescapable special training. Even though the official competition was tomorrow, Jungkook still calmly trained Lisa on the basics. Lisa was also in no rush to ask him to give her pointers on her competition song. She figured he was doing things this way for a reason.

Only after the special training ended and Lisa turned around to return to her room did Jungkook stop her to say, “Goodluck in tomorrow’s competition.”

Lisa paused and then flashed him a smile, “Okay, dada!”

Jungkook watched her close the door and, smiling slightly, he returned to his room.