Chapter 29

Chapter 29: Extravagant Beat the Drum, Pass the Flower

An injury taken for the wife was a badge of honor.

Lisa’s maiden heart suffered a sudden blow.

Jungkook’s eyes looked even more brilliant than diamonds or even the stars in the sky. Even when he looked at you expressionlessly like that, he could still make your face quickly heat up.

“I’ll be heading to my room!” Lisa hastily grabbed her things and dashed into her room.

Jungkook couldn’t resist grinning from ear to ear when he heard the door bang shut in the hallway.

He sealed up Lisa’s unfinished hotpot and placed it in the refrigerator. After switching off the living room light, he also returned to his room.

Even after taking a shower, Lisa still hadn’t calmed down completely. Was Jungkook being romantic just now? Damn, he had actually turned into some sort of womanizer. Really corrupted, way too corrupted!

She shook off her goose bumps and crawled into bed early.

The next day when Jungkook got up to prepare breakfast, he discovered Lisa was already busy in the kitchen. An apron was wrapped around her waist and she was in the middle of lifting a spoon to sample soup. The morning sun was still very gentle, so when the rays traveled through the window and fell on her hair, little golden sparkles reflected in the light.

Jungkook was captivated by the scene. When Lisa sensed that he was standing near the kitchen entrance, she turned around to look at him, “Ah you’re up. I made some pork bone soup. It’ll be ready in a second.”

She had stewed this soup just for Jungkook. Since he was going to remove his stitches today, drinking more soup could aid his recovery.

Jungkook nodded his head slightly and walked over to sit down at the dining table. Not long after, Lisa poured out a bowl of soup for him. Inside were pork bones, white radish, corn, and even tomatoes. It smelled really fragrant.

“I simmered this soup for almost three hours. Give it a taste and tell me what you think.”

Jungkook raised his eyebrows, “You woke up at 5 o’clock to make soup?”

Lisa nodded, “Yep, aren’t you going to remove your stitches today? This will help you recover faster.”

Now Jungkook understood what his mother meant when she said plenty of people would love to have a doting wife. He picked up a spoon and tried a mouthful. However, what came out of his mouth was, “It tastes great, but in the future, don’t bother getting up so early to make me soup. I can make my own breakfast.”

Lisa, “…”

She really wanted to pour the soup over his head right now.

“Drink as you please.” She pouted and walked back into the kitchen to pour herself a bowl. When she came back out, Jungkook had already finished his bowl of soup.

He let out a sigh and asked, “Are you going to the celebration this afternoon?”

Lisa replied, “Of course I’m going. I’ve already got the invitation ready.” Why would she not take advantage of an opportunity to feast for free? “Are you going too? You won’t be able to eat much with your head injured like that.”

“Producer Yoo personally handed me an invitation so I couldn’t refuse.”

“…Eh, you’re so popular.”

Jungkook ignored her strange tone and followed up with another question, “Has YG Entertainment got in touch you yet?”

“Mhm, they want me to sign the contract tomorrow.”