Chapter 24

Chapter 24: I don’t need her to do these things for me

After rushing to the hospital, Lisa first approached the information desk to ask where Jungkook’s hospital room was located.

The nurse at the information desk unresponsively stared at the blood on her clothes in surprise and confusion. Lisa hurriedly explained, “This isn’t my blood. Where is Jungkook’s hospital room?”

Hearing that it wasn’t her blood made the situation sound even worse. The nurse sized Lisa up once more. Then she searched through the computer and provided a room number.

Lisa quickly rushed over. When she walked out of the elevator, she saw that Junghyun and the program manager were discussing something at the end of the corridor. She didn’t call out to them. Instead, she directly knocked on the hospital room’s door and walked in.

Mama Jeon was sitting by herself inside and had turned around to look at the doorway. Before Lisa had a chance to speak, Mama Qiao turned pale with fright. “Heavens Lili! How did you get injured too?! Is it serious? I’ll help you call doctor!”

Lisa hurriedly stopped her. “It’s not like that. The blood on me is Jungkook’s. He was injured because he saved me.”

Mama Jeon paused for a moment before quickly calming down. Then she had a realization and spoke, “Eh…… so it turns out that the singer the program staff had spoken of was actually you. I was just wondering, when did he become such a good Samaritan.”

Lisa, “……”

Even though Lisa felt these words were quite accurate, this was her own son that was lying on the hospital bed. Was criticizing him like that really okay……

After discovering that Jungkook had injured himself protecting Lisa, Mama Jeon’s view of the matter completely changed. “In that case, his injuries this time weren’t unjust at all. Protecting the wife is a matter of principle.”

Lisa wasn’t as open-minded as Mama Jeon. After all, she had seen the image of Jungkook heavily bleeding. Even now, just thinking about it made her flustered. “How is he? What did the doctor say?”

Mama Jeon took her hand and gave it a couple comforting pats. “He’s fine. The doctor gave him some stitches. He’s still sleeping right now. I imagine he has concussion or some after effect like it. He’ll need to stay and be observed at the hospital for a few more days.”

Lisa worriedly looked at Jungkook who was on the hospital bed. His complexion was very pale white. Even his usually lively eyelashes seemed completely lacking in vitality.

Mama Jeon saw her expression and continued to speak comfortingly. “Don’t worry. The body of our family’s coco head is strong enough. We haven’t called him coco head all these years for nothing.” Even though Jungkook was really weak at birth, his family had raised him well. The older he grew, the sturdier he became.

Mama Jeon firmly believed this was all due to her contribution of choosing a good name for her son.

At this time, the hospital room door was knocked on again. Junghyun and the program manager walked in. Both of them looked a little surprised when they saw Lisa inside the room.

In the end, the program manager was the first to speak. “Lisa, you also came?”

Lisa nodded, “He only got hurt because he saved me. I was a bit worried.”

The program manager didn’t read overthink this. After all, without Jungkook, she would be the one lying in here. Thinking up to there, he became worried that Lisa had also been injured so he asked, “Since you’ve come, do you want to get an inspection while you’re here? It would be bad if you were injured somewhere without knowing. We’ll completely cover the costs.”