Chapter 8

Regarding hugging thighs and so on, Lisa proved that she absolutely was not thinking askew. She smiled at Jungkook, set down her chopsticks, and ran into her room while yelling, “Give me a second! I need to prepare something.”

Jungkook stared at her back in confusion. “Prepare what?” Everything that needed to be prepared had been already prepared.

Lisa hastily responded, “A razor! I’m worried your leg is too hairy!”

Jungkook, “…..”

By the time Lisa grabbed her screeching device and came back outside, Jungkook was already gone. She guessed that he had already moved to the second floor so she made her way to the head of the stairs. The staircase was spiral shaped and not long. A faint glow of light spilled down from above.

Lisa tucked the screeching device away in her pant pocket and solemnly walked up.

Jungkook was waiting for her by the entrance. Upon seeing her, he calmly chuckled. “Where’s the razor?”

“Ah, I couldn’t find it.”

Jungkook replied, “Well that’s no problem. After all, I never said I was going to take off my pants to let you hug my thigh.”

Lisa, “…”

Words couldn’t describe her surging emotions.

Lisa faked a relaxed laugh and examined the surroundings behind Jungkook. The entire second floor was connected. It looked just like a large rehearsal room and was extremely spacious. While there weren’t many things set up, the biggest could be considered the grand piano by the window. Scattered on the floor were some musical instruments. Of those, Lisa could only recognize the guitar, violin, and flute.

In the middle of the room was a sheet stand and on it lay some music scores that were turned open. Further in, there was a shelf resting against the wall. However instead of books, it was filled with albums. They were of all kinds and sorts, spanning across the decades. Lisa was speechless. This collection of albums was probably really valuable and might very well contain ones no longer in production….

Finally, there was a very wide office desk. Arranged on top of it was a computer, stereo box, and a gramophone. Lisa admitted that she had only seen that sort of thing before on TV. As for the rest of the professional equipment, she completely had no idea what they were used for.

Jungkook had walked off to the side earlier to let her size the place up. Only after a long time did he ask, “Are you done looking around?”

Lisa laughed and nodded her head. “I’m done looking around, but there’s something I don’t really understand.”

Jungkook raised his eyebrows. “What?”

“… It’s that treadmill. What is it used for?” Out of everything in the room, only the treadmill didn’t seem to match its environment, and it stuck out like a sore thumb.

Jungkook gave her a look of surprise. “Treadmills are obviously used for running.”

Lisa, “…”

Thank you Mr. Obvious.

Jungkook looked at her silent expression and laughed, stepping forward to explain, “Sometimes when I get tired of working, I like to run.”

Lisa felt like her logic couldn’t keep up with his explanation. If work was tiring, shouldn’t he go to bed? Why would he force himself to run?

However, Jungkook didn’t answer the question in her heart. “The whole room is soundproofed so I usually listen to music or play instruments up here to avoid bothering other people.”