Chapter 19

Chapter 19: Drawing Lots

Probably because she needed to face the Merit team, Jungkook added an additional competition performance segment to her training.

Lisa had only managed to sing a quarter of Yearning before she was interrupted by Jungkook, “Your performance is currently too focused on the technique. Techniques are supposed to assist the delivery of the song. You’re getting it backwards by singing like this.”

Lisa paused for a moment and then looked at him, “Today, Eunwoo also told me something like that.”

Jungkook’s eyebrows twitched, “Eunwoo?”

Lisa nodded her head. “Yeah, today he came to the TV station to record a show. Before, I only thought he sang well. I didn’t expect his personality to be even better. He didn’t even know me but he still helped give me some singing pointers.” She paused here. Her mood was filled with unconcealed excitement. “At the time, I was too amazed. I even forgot to say thank you to him. I had originally wanted to tell you right when I got home, but I was worried you would think I was bragging.”

Jungkook lightly laughed, “Do I even need you to brag? Can you brag that you’ve helped him record songs before?”

Lisa, “…”

Okay fine, she had forgotten her family’s Coco head was a great producer. However, the important stats weren’t how many celebrities he had met. Rather, it was how many he had scolded into tears.

Jungkook looked at her and just slightly narrowed his eyes, “Do you like Eunwoo a lot?”

Reasonably speaking, the style of music Lisa liked was no where close to Eunwoo’s music style. She shouldn’t like him that much, right?

Contrary to expectations, Lisa blinked her starry eyes and spoke, “Originally I only thought he looked handsome and sang well, but because I don’t like rock ‘n’ roll, I never paid him much attention. However, after today, I’ve become his fan! I even bought his new album Lose Control on my way home!”

Jungkook, “…”

He coldly shot her a glance, “If he wasn’t so good-looking, would you still have become his fan so easily?”

Lisa responded, “Weren’t you the one who said that the majority of normal people only pay attention to appearances?”

Jungkook, “…”

Oh yeah, today he also told me that singing is like practicing martial arts in the ancient times. Only by forgetting the techniques can a person and a sword become one. It’s a pity I still haven’t fully gasped that yet.”

Hah, becoming one with the sword. Did this mean that fairies exist too? Jungkook’s tone was filled with disdain. “He’s probably read too many novels.”

Lisa scrunched her brows and glared at him, as if she was dissatisfied with how he was talking about her newly discovered idol, “I think his words make a lot of sense. Didn’t you also say I’m paying too much attention to techniques?”

Very good, glaring at him because of another man. Jungkook exhaled a deep breath and smiled at her, “Don’t talk about other men in my home.”

Lisa choked. “……The agreement states that we can each have our own love lives.”

Jungkook responded, “The agreement also prohibits bringing people back home.”