⤷ 15| THE GOBLET OF FIRE

chapter fifteen : the Goblet of Fire

☆ ☆ ☆

"I don't believe it!" June could hear Ron say in a stunned voice, as the Hogwarts students filed back up the steps behind the party from Durmstrang. "Krum, Harry! Viktor Krum!"

"For heaven's sake, Ron, he's only a Quidditch player," Hermione said, rather annoyed, making June smile. 

"Only a Quidditch player?" Ron said, looking at her as though he couldn't believe his ears. "Hermione — he's one of the best Seekers in the world! I had no idea he was still at school!"

As they recrossed the Entrance Hall with the rest of the Hogwarts students, heading for the Great Hall, June saw Lee jumping up and down on the soles of his feet to get a better look at the back of Krum's head. Several sixth-year girls were frantically searching their pockets as they walked — "Oh, I don't believe it, I haven't got a single quill on me" — "D'you think he'd sign my hat in lipstick?"

Juniper rolled her eyes at this.

"I'm getting his autograph if I can," Ron said, "you haven't got a quill, have you, Harry?"

"Nope, they're upstairs in my bag," Harry said.

June made her way through the Entrance Hall, passing the Durmstrang students before seeing Timothée who was standing in the Great Hall together with the other Beauxbatons students. Madame Maxime was talking to Dumbledore a couple feet away.

"Timothée!" June exclaimed, running towards her friend.

He turned around and caught her, laughing. 

"You're at Hogwarts!" June exclaimed.

"I'm at Hogwarts!" Timothée replied, spinning her around.

"I can't believe it," she said, as he put her down again. "I can finally show you around!"

"Cam's so jealous," Timothée said, laughing. "She's been wanting to come to Hogwarts for ages."

"Mr Delacour, who is zis?" a voice came and they turned around to see Madame Maxime staring at them.

"This is my mother's goddaughter, Juniper Black," Timothée said with a smile, while he slung an arm around June's shoulder.

"You might know her mother, Olympe," Professor Dumbledore said, his blue eyes twinkling. "Does the name Lyra Potter ring a bell?"

Madame Maxime looked horrified.

"You are 'er daughter?" she asked, her voice raising a couple of octaves. "Your mother caused a lot of trouble while she was at Beauxbatons."

Juniper grinned sheepishly.

"Come now, Olympe," Professor Dumbledore said. "Let's not compare the children to their parents. Miss Black is an excellent student and I'm sure she'll be a fine Head Girl next year." June's eyes widened. "Just don't tell anyone I said that," he added, amusingly.