48.

third person.

presley walks towards the table at Saddle Ranch followed by corbyn. a coat wrapped around her to make her belly seem invisible. presley leads the two of them to the table that jonah, jordan, thea, and eben sat at.

"took you two long enough" eben mentioned make them laugh a little as corbyn pulled out a chair for presley to sit in, sitting next to her and jonah.

"where's your women?" corbyn asks the boy as thea and presley start having a conversation across the table. corbyn's arm snacks around presley's back, sending shivers down her side.

jonah sighed, "uh i forgot to mention it to you, we uh broke up. well i broke up with her." corbyn's eyes went big as he asked why and when. stuttering to say why he told the boy. "uh- she was just acting different and had been super distant and i didn't really feel love anymore. and we broke up like two weeks ago, she just wouldn't leave me alone."

"hello now that everyone's here can i-"

"we are still waiting on one person." jonah quitely interrupted the waitress.

"well can i get drinks started for you guys?" she asked with a smile. everyone nodding and naming off their drinks one by one.

presley was about to ask who still had to come as her eye caught someone walking directly towards their table. "hey sorry i'm late, the uber took a little to long." the girl said as jonah stood up, hugging her and placing a kiss on her cheek.

he pulled out the chair for her as she took a seat, "so, everyone this is cynthia we started talking about two weeks ago. cynthia this is eben, jordan, thea, presley, and corbyn."

"its nice to meet you." presley said with a smile. cynthia smiled back to her but she could tell it was slightly fake as she repeated the same to her.

thea noticing the fake tone in her voice as she looked over to presley. "so tell me a little about you all."

"i can tell you about them i guess." jonah interrupted "this is eben him and jordan are my roommates, he is our opener for concerts and yeah he's a very interesting person. this is jordan, he's corbyn's brother and he's dating thea as you can tell, you'll see the two of them a lot if you ever come over."

"and thea, she's presley's best friend. and she can be feisty sometimes." he took a deep breathe "and then we have these two." he rolled his eyes playfully, corbyn slapped the boys shoulder. "corbyn used to live with us be he moved in with presley for obvious reasons." the boy gestured to her stomach as presley smiled uncomfortably.

"you'll never get either of those two away from each other because if they aren't together, they are text or calling each other."

"i just have to make sure my girl is okay." corbyn said smiling towards presley.

"they've been inseparable since they met, we'll the second time they met."

"i feel like this story is interesting." cynthia said in a curious tone. the waitress brought everyone their drinks and took their order.

"uh its a little too private to share. we want to keep it to ourselves." presley replied to cynthia.

"it obviously isn't to private if these four know, come on just tell me."

"presley said she'd like to keep it to herself, please respect that. these four know because they are our best friends, we just barely met you." corbyn stood up for her in a slightly mad voice.

"okay sorry i even asked." presley rolled her eyes, she looked over at thea and who rolled her eyes as well.

their food soon came and they continued talking after finishing their meal. corbyn's arm was around presley almost the entire night. "you look tired." he said to his girlfriend.

"mhhm-"

corbyn leaned his head onto her shoulder, "you wanna go home?" shrugging she mumbled a sure. corbyn placed a kiss on her neck and then on her cheek as he lifted his head off her shoulders. "we are going to get going." corbyn announced to everyone as he stood up.

"it was nice meeting you." the boy directed towards cynthia. presley stood up as well and put her coat on quickly. "i'll text you all later and you'll probably be at my house tomorrow." he joked to thea who nodded and laughed.

everyone said their goodbyes as the couple began walking hand in hand out the restaurant. "do they even love each other, seems like they don't." cynthia remarked.

thea's eyes went big, "excuse you-"

"what, it just seems like they are only together because she's pregnant."

"if that is your way of saying presley's only with him because she doesn't want raise a kid alone. you're completely wrong. they love each other and if you can't see that you're blind. so watch what you say about then." you could hear anger in her voice.

"you ready jordan?" thea asked standjng up as he nodded. the two said their goodbyes before walking out of the restaurant.

"i really want to tell presley, but i know that will stress her and thats the last thing she needs right now." the girl huffed as they started driving away from the restaurant.

"yeah just let it go, she obviously has no idea what she is talking about. i've known corbyn my whole life and he has never cared so much about someone." jordan replied placing his hand on her thigh.

the couple decided on going back to thea's for the night.

author's note

honestly this chapter kind of sucked
but its okay bc the next one has
some drama