7- Extra Chores

Written: 12/23/20
Published: 12/25/20

Merry Christmas my adorable little readers! (Me being Mama)

      Y/n wrote a note to Mama. It read four words. Norman. And. Emma. Know. Although she was selling her friends, there was no way Mama wouldn't find out. Might as well gain trust if it was inevitable to be discovered. This was ultimately to her and Ray's advantage. As she passed Mama on her way outside, she slipped the woman the note. The girl then proceeded outside.

Ray and Y/n sat against their usual tree, reading. This is so boring... but I need to maintain my high score. The two thought.

The two were confident in their planning on Emma and Norman. By now, Norman and Emma would be pondering including the her and Ray in the equation of escape. Of course, they would have to feign ignorance. It was not the time to reveal themselves yet.

"Ray..." Y/n said. She spotted Norman and Emma running to the forest. "Did Emma and Norman put on weight?" She gained the attention of the boy as she pointed.

"If you look closely, there's probably rope under their shirts." Ray covered. "We should go. They will want help today so now's the time to join them."

Closing their books, the two chased after the carrot and albino. Y/n was in front, listening for her two friends while Ray just followed her. Swiftly, Y/n and Ray found Emma and Norman at the large, gr(a/e)y wall. The two sat on a log near the fence, still eavesdropping on the others.

"We've got our ropes!" Emma said happily. She stuffed the tablecloths in a bag and placed it in a hole of a tall tree. Emma jumped from the branch.

"Okay. The hard part comes now." Norman said.

"Yeah..." Emma replied. They began walking back to the fence. "Hey, Norman. Don't you think it's about time we tell Ray and Y/n?" Emma asked. Right on schedule.

"At first, I was thinking the same thing." Norman replied. "Knowing Ray, he wouldn't panic. He's smart and also knows a lot about machinery. I'm sure he'll be able to help us out. And Y/n is incredibly smart and she can accurately predict an upcoming move from the enemy. Not to mention her skill of concealing things and putting on a façade." Calm and precise. Ray thinks ahead and finds the most optimal solutions to things. Accurate and reliable. Y/n could be one of our most valuable assets. Their help is absolutely needed if we all want to survive. Still...Norman worked out. "I'll talk to Ray and Y/n. You should head back for the time being." He instructed.

"Why?" Y/n interrupted. "You can tell us right now."

The two yelped and whipped their heads in their direction. "Y/n?! Ray!?" They synchronized.

"Sorry, we followed you guys all the way here." Ray commented, ignoring their reaction. The two stood up from their log and made their way to the others. "I've been itching all over with curiosity and I'm fed up at this point."

"Me too. So we thought it was about time to just straight up ask." Y/n finished. In one swift movement, Ray and Y/n had engulfed the two in a tight grip. "So, you two... what happened at the gate?" She asked.

Ray growled when Emma looked clueless. "It was clear as day to see that something was up from your expressions that night! To top it off, you both came back empty handed even though you said you didn't make it!"

"Not to mention how afraid you were of Mama yesterday." Y/n pitched in. "Roleplaying? What a load of nonsense."

Norman chuckled. "You two are as sharp as ever!"