10- His Trump Cards

Written: 12/25/20

Published: 12/29/20

"Crap." Is what both of the traitors were thinking at that moment... They were frozen with baffled faces. No sound passed between them except the ticking of the clock.

Ray and Y/n smiled at the albino. "What are you saying, Norman?" Y/n asked. "You should understand the situation already."

"I didn't set just two traps." He replied. "I told you rope was under my bed and in the ceiling. That's what I told you two and Emma. But really, I told Don they were in the dining room and Gilda in the library." He took a bag from his drawer. He dumped the contents out. Rope. "Just now, I went around to collect all of the extra ropes. The only ones that were gone were the ones under my bed. That just means Don was merely framed." He threw the bag on the bed. "Ray and Y/n. You are the source. Well, more accurately... sources."

Y/n desperately tried to grasp some kind of alibi. Anything. She could say they were framed, but he still set the trap they both fell for... she gave up. He got them.

     The two fell on the bed. The girl laughed. Norman looked at her in horror. Ray chuckled as well. Y/n groaned. "Just when I thought things were going as planned." She said. The h/c haired girl had an ominous, terrifying look. Norman flinched.

     The two kicked their legs, swinging upwards. "You're quite the softie, so I assumed that we could get away with deceiving you guys a little longer." Ray admitted. "But it seems like  you've found us out a lot quicker than expected..."

Y/n crossed her leg. She smirked scarily at Norman. "You're right." She outstretched her hand. "Congratulations, Norman. We are Mama's spies."

"Hey, when did you begin suspecting us?" Ray questioned.

"Ever since Sister Krone arrived." Norman answered.

Y/n raised her eyebrows. "That early?"

Norman smiled. "Honestly, I was sickened at my own self... for suspecting you guys first and foremost. Despite our tight friendship." He admitted. "Still, you guys being the informant is a worst case scenario for us. From Mama's standpoint, it's the best. You can influence our plans. It'd be perfect if their objective was to control the situation. There's no one else better suited for the positions. Am I wrong?"

"'That's why I suspected you', huh." Ray laughed.

"I really wanted to be wrong. It was the worst imaginable situation possible." Norman told them. "Well, while we're at it, you two have been a spy for Mama for a long time, huh." Heh. Too long. Y/n thought. "Mama would never trust a sudden secret report or an impromptu spy. So since when?"

Ray sighed. "A long time ago." Norman gave a small gasp. Y/n thought back to when they broke the trackers, both for a test and to make a long-term trade with Mama.

"You weren't only her spy... but her underling?!" Norman exclaimed. "Observation... security... the growth rates of the merchandise... Mama was already controlling us livestock to begin with. But was also using you two as a device to lead us in a direction she wanted from within."

"Exactly." Y/n said. "I guess you could call us the sheepdogs of a shepherd."

Acting as if everything was fine... acting as if you were one of us sheep... this whole time..? All these years..? "You better be the only spies and sources she has." Norman said.

"Yup." Y/n nodded.

"You supported Mama despite knowing everything?"

"Yep." Ray replied.