20- 81194 and 18194

Written: 1/1/21

Published: 1/3/21

"Insolent knave..." The deep voice spoke again.

     Crap! Our pursuers are here... at the worst possible time! Y/n and Ray thought. Is it because that guy was raging around like crazy?

Y/n and Ray peeked back at the dead monster. We almost had it! It would've fallen through the ground... if it weren't for these guys, we'd already be back with the others! Wait, are the others safe? I think they got far away... but I can't tell from this distance...there's no way to know or communicate! What should we do now?

Ray isn't as athletic as I am. Should I leave and go distract the guys while Ray runs to the others? But I might be caught... and Ray wouldn't let me go alone. However, staying here will get us both killed. Is that our only option?

Y/n is more athletic than I am. I'm probably holding her back from running straight to the others or climbing a tree and tree jumping. She's probably already thought about the possibility of her being bait. I won't let her do that. But we might both die if we stay here. Is that our only option?

There's more than one enemy. They both thought. With two more running around, we barely have any routes left! Besides, that one guy took the thing's head off with one swing! How do we escape from here?! We're lacking in numbers and power!

"Find anything?" The same deep voice asked.

A sniffing sound was heard. "This thing hasn't eaten. I don't smell the scent of human from its mouth. It hasn't eaten a single human."

Y/n whipped her head at Ray. He nodded in understanding. These guys are looking for everyone else. Our siblings are still safe! In that case... Ray took out a pair of scissors and opened them.

"Are you hiding over there? You can come out now." It said in their direction. "That was a close one, wasn't it? Thank goodness you're safe. It's alright now, I've taken care of the big bad monster. So come on out, will you?"

Ray began scratching the tree while Y/n kept watch if they would suddenly come around the tree.

"Should I go drag him out?" Another monster asked.

"No, it's fine stay here. There's two of them." The other ordered. "Is it just you two?" Judging by the height and hair color, it's either the high quality 16194 (Don) or premium quality 81194 (Ray). The other must be the other premium quality, 18194 (you). "Where are the others?" If so, we cannot let any harm come to them during capture. "You understand, don't you? Living out here is impossible. Now let us return home."

Ray finished scratching into the tree. It read 'Go 06-32, Pursuer'. We're the only ones they've found. That's why they're trying to figure where everyone else is. They're checking Ray and I's reactions. Trying to instill the will to surrender into us. If they don't know where Emma and the others are, there's only one thing to do! Keep their attention totally focused on us! Keep em chasing us at all costs! We'll run in the opposite direction as long as possible. If Emma comes looking for us, I hope she'll see the scratches. We can do this!

Ray and Y/n stepped out from the tree. Y/n was extremely nervous on the inside. Ray was too. Y/n laughed as she spread her hands out. "Took you long enough!" She exclaimed. "Everyone's dead already!"

The monster's two eyes widened. "So it is premium quality 81194 and 18194..." It said.

"Sorry," Ray told them. "But we have no intention of getting eaten."