15- Bye-Bye Norman!

Written: 12/30/20

Published: 12/30/20

The afternoon free-time came to an end and Mama called all the children to the entrance of the house. She did a headcount. "Norman's not here!" Mama exclaimed. She checked her tracking device. Several children smirked.

It's no use. The signal should be completely gone by now. Mama is convinced that Norman wouldn't run away because Emma's leg and my arm. But Norman... won't be returning! Wait till you see the 'evidence' to experience what true panic feels like. Mama urged everyone to head inside. Search all you want. You'll never find him. We'll make sure to keep him hidden. We won't let you ship him out.

Mama suddenly smiled after looking at the tracking device once more. The older kids looked at her in panic and confusion. She closed the device shut. Mama looked off into the distance. Y/n was scared for her eyes to trace where Mama was looking. Norman was coming back from over the hill with a smug look on his face.

The children hugged Norman excitedly. He smiled and greeted them all.

"Why..?" Emma mumbled.

"No..." Gilda cried.

"Why..." Don asked aimlessly.

Y/n and Ray sank to the ground and hid their face with a hand. Why did you come back...Norman?!

~~~~~

The four eldest children stood in the infirmary room. Norman already was dressed in his adoption uniform. All he was missing was the hat and the jacket, vest already on. Y/n grabbed Norman's shirt and pushed him against the wall. "What were you thinking?!" She interrogated. "You'll die if you stay here any longer! Get out of here this instant and hide yourself!"

"I refuse. I have no intention of doing so." Norman replied. Y/n let him go.

"What?!" The other three said. Y/n took a step towards him but he held a hand up.

"More importantly, you have to listen to me. We have little time. I have to give you a quick report of my investigation. The wall was a cliff."

"What?" Emma and Ray asked. Y/n's eyes widened. She banged her head on the wall.

"The other side of that wall... that depth... was definitely not something we could find a way around."

"A cliff?!?" Emma yelled.

"Yeah." Norman answered. "Sister Krone wasn't lying when she said the monsters weren't taking us lightly, either. So instead of crossing the wall, I just ran across it to see where it would take me. When I finally arrived at a corner, what I found was another wall that split the corner in two." Norman grabbed a piece of paper and pen. He drew an angle that had a bisector, creating two congruent angles. (I just so happen to be taking Honors Geometry right now. How lucky.) "Each side was roughly a sixty degree angle. The other side of the corner was, of course, still a cliff. When I stood dead in the center of the corner, what I saw was pretty much a symmetrical view. Thanks to Ray, that didn't completely throw me off. Here's a visual speculation on how I think the entire area looks like." Here:

" Here: