(AE#1) An Adolescent's Resolution

AE for Alternate Ending. # for Part number.

Type of Alternate Ending: If Y/n became a Mama and Ray became a stud.

       Y/n's eyes widened more. What is she saying? Why me? She looked up at the woman. "A candidate...for becoming a Mama?" She clarified.

      "That's right." Mama answered her. "You'll get to grow up...Give birth to a child... And if they deem your abilities worthy, you'll be able to return to a house as a Mama or Sister. You're a special child that has the right to obtain this option. If you so wish, I would gladly whip up a strong recommendation for you."

       Who on earth would wish to be alone like that...?! Y/n wondered frustratedly.

      "I bet I can guess what you're thinking." Mama interrupted her thoughts. "'Who on earth would wish to be alone like that?' But Y/n, listen... I've spoken to the higher-ups about an additional suggestion."

      "What would that be?" Y/n questioned.

      "Ray." Mama answered. Y/n looked at her in confusion and anxiety. "Though this has never been suggested, I think it would be wonderful. Ray is an especially special child as well. He could be what you call... a stud."

      Y/n looked at Mama in surprise. "I-I wouldn't be alone... Ray would be with me..." Y/n figured.

     Mama smiled. "Yes! What better could you possibly accomplish? You can't do a thing, you can't save a single life, you'll just continue to curse your face until the day of your death." Mama put a hand to Y/n's cheek. "Live, Y/n. Live on and pursue your career as a Mama. Accept your situation and be at ease. Exhausting plans. Your sense of justice. An impossible escape. Your will to go against a fate you can't change. Become a Mama and give up on everything else. Let yourself feel better, Y/n."

      Y/n dropped her head to the bed. She was so tempted. I wouldn't be alone! I have to move on eventually... But Emma probably was offered this and declined... Ray and I... We could... But everyone else! But like Mama said, I can't save them. It's impossible. I have to... This is the only way to guarantee Ray and I's survival. I can't trust the others... They're being far too risky. I don't want to risk Ray paying for it. But I'd be competing with others well-scoring girls, right? I don't think I could keep Ray and I alive very long.

      Knowing Y/n since she was a baby, Mama had a knowing smile. "If you are worried about competing with others, I assure you; No other amounts to you. In fact, I am almost certain you would succeed in becoming a Mama. Your skill far exceeds others. You have natural caring talent and instinct for others, as well."

       Y/n gaped. Yeah. This is the more dependable solution. We've lost everything. A genius, our motivation, our supplies, all of it. Haven't I always gone along with it that way? Yeah. The more logical path...

      "Mama." Y/n spoke, gaining the woman's attention. "I accept your offer. I will pursue the role... of a Mama and take Ray with me."

      The woman clasped her hands together. "That's wonderful, Y/n! I'm so proud and happy for you and Ray. I'll start on those recommendations for you two right away!" The kind caretaker still saw hesitance in the girl's eyes. She enwrapped the youth in her arms. "Do you feel bad for betraying Emma and Norman?" It took awhile, but eventually, Y/n did nod. "It's okay. We both know they are very understanding. You just want to ensure you and Ray's survival, right? There's nothing wrong or cowardice in wanting to ensure not only your's but another's future as well. Those two understood that."

The woman slowly pulled away and stood up. "I would be prepared to say goodbye to them. These transfers happen to be put into effect rather quickly." She informed before exiting the room.