36- Patience

Written: 2/ 12 & 13 /21

Published: 2/24/21

     Mister was exhausted. He was running away from a horde of wild demons, carrying the unconscious, wounded girl on his back. The man had been running practically non-stop. He wanted to rest, eat, and catch his breath. That was no acceptable option to him, though. Y/n's life was at stake. Thus, he continued to jump from tree to tree, cleverly evading the wild beasts.

      "Stay with me, Y/n." Mister talked. "Hang in there, Y/n. Don't you have a family you need to get back to? Everyone is worried about you. You have sleepy cyclops dying over concern for you. Can't die on him. You want to know my name, too, right? Don't you die."

     Thoma and Lannion had their arms crossed. "It's been six days since Y/n's group left." Thoma said.

     "I wonder if they arrived at Goldy Pond yet." Lannion said.

     "They'll be fine." Yvette smiled.

      Gilda was extremely worried. What if that man really killed them or something? I will have been just sitting here doing nothing! Is Ray alright? What about Emma and Y/n? They're so strong and they take so much on themselves. What if-

      Gilda felt a tap on her shoulder. Gilda turned her head to see Don grinning at her. "It's written all over your face, Gilda. I know you're worried, but we're nervous, won't that make them all nervous, too?" Don asked, referring to the younger children.

     Gilda slapped her cheeks with her hands. "You're right! Thanks."

     Don turned to the nose boy. "Nat, let's get started on dinner." He said, grabbing his bow.

     "Right." Nat replied. Dinner... Nat thought. I wish we had bird... I'm getting sick of shrubs and lizards...

     The two boys approached the ladder that led to the surface. However, before they could start up the ladder, the door on the top began to open, a few rays of light shining through. (No pun intended). The two boys gasped as they prepared for anything. A familiar figure jumped down the moment the door was completely open. The ladder was completely disregarded. Poor ladder.

     "Mister!" Don exclaimed. "And..." Don stood on his tip toes to see who was on his back. "Y/n!!!" He yelled. His yelp alerted all those in the shelter.

     "The group is back!" Chris cheered. He and all the other children from around the shelter rushed to greet the group.

      "Y/n!!"

     "Emma!"

     "Ray!"

     However, they halted when they saw Mister panting with a bloody Y/n on his back. The kids remained in place. "Y/n..?"

      "Move." Mister growled. He was exhausted and his patience right now was at the limit. If it wasn't Y/n would probably die, too.

     The kids came back to their senses as they crowded around him. "Y/n?! What's going on?"

     "Where's Ray and Emma?"

     Mister pushed past them. "Follow me!" He said as the children followed him. Man... I don't have any time to rest. First the blood transfusion and then... He set Y/n on the dining room table after he loosened the cloth that bound the girl to him.

      Gilda had planned to follow too, however... You must bring two back alive. If you don't bring at least two back, I will personally destroy this shelter. Gilda went into a room and swiped the detonator. She burst into the dining room where Y/n lay on the table, the kids surrounding her.