48- Puzzle

Written: 3/22/21

Published: 4/1/21

Did y'all play a trick on anyone? If so, how? If not, do you have any that you wish you could?

Possible Trigger Warning: Self-Harm (Not like, cutting to feel better)

    "Hey, guys." Y/n said. The three eldest were standing in front of everyone from Grace Field and Goldy Pond. "We're heading off to the seven walls."

     The children yelled in surprise and shock.

     "Wait a minute...."

     "What do you mean?!"

     "Even though Norman said that he would wipe out all of the demons!"

      Emma shrugged with an innocent smile. "He did say that. However... I thought I was going to hold it in. But I guess it's impossible for me after all... I don't want to wipe out the demons."

     "HUH!?"

      "Wiping them out. Extermination. That really would be the most reliable way, but that's only our best guess at the moment. If there were only bad demons out there it would be easy. But the demons who live in the villages... they have children... and even babies. If we cut off their food supply, they'll become like those wild demons and be wiped out..."

     "Just how much fear and hate do you think we'll be creating?" Y/n questioned. Everyone flinched. They hadn't thought about it until now. "Another war may just happen. Herds of wild demons can be more threatening than intelligent ones."

      "If at all possible, I don't want to kill them. It might not be just us who doesn't want to kill them."

      "We were told about how we're going to have to kill Sung Joo and Musica." Ray divulged, much to everyone's refusal.

     "But this is entirely out of Emma and I's selfishness." Y/n said. "These are all just things that I've been thinking about lately. We don't plan dragging you all into this. Norman said that he has no intention of stopping the plan nor waiting. Even though we have no idea if there will actually be another path... Ray, Emma and I will be heading out. We want to make a choice we won't regret. We want to choose our future."

     "I see..."

      "Is it just that our imaginations are lacking or..."

     "Well, in reality, it's because you guys have never seen the demon villages that are out there." Ray said.

     "Even though I hate them so much..." Sandy spoke. "I still can't imagine our enemy has a side like that to them..."

     "Sandy..."

     "But I despise demons!" Gillian tightened her fist. "I get what you both are saying. They're your friends... so you don't want to have to kill Sung Joo and Musica, but... But..!" She looked at Y/n with desperate eyes. "But everyone including you is more important to me than the demons. The enemy doesn't show mercy. I want to have our friends protected first of all..! But to do that... There will be kids... even babies... I, I...!"

     Paula hugged Gillian as the beanie girl buried her face in her chest. She shook.

     "Why..." Gilda murmured. The group turned at the new voice. Gilda took Y/n's hands. "Even though those demons tried to kill you the other day."

      "Their both weirdos." Ray said. Y/n rolled her eyes at him. "At first, I couldn't grasp it at all either."

      Y/n felt Don approach her from the back. "Yeah, but that's Y/n and Emma for you." He grinned.