23- B 06 32

Written: 1/6/21

Published: 1/12/21

It was the fifth day of trailing and trudging through the bumpy terrain of the forest and underground. They had a good pace and were making good distance. Another day and they would probably make it to B06 32.

Gilda was still extremely concerned about were they would stay in such a world. The children began suggesting ideas of other runaways, humans, anyone they could stay with. Other escaped plantation children.

"Never heard of it." Sung Joo said, everyone's mood dropped. "Plantations may have nothing in common with others but the name. In particular, premium grade plantations like grace field are exceptional. The large majority are for factory farming."

Thoma raised an eyebrow. "Factory...farming? What's that?" He asked.

"The mass production of cheap meat." Sung Joo informed them. Y/n, being very imaginative, was horrified. "Where the livestock is kept in poor conditions,barely even living. Just fattening for slaughter."

"Humans born in such a farm don't even learn a language

"Humans born in such a farm don't even learn a language. They have no names. They have no free will. And they most certainly couldn't conceive of escaping. Though even if they did, they'd get nowhere anyhow. Incidentally, among several hundred plantations, the premium quality ones amount to... a mere 4."

"Only 4?!" The younger children exclaimed.

Sung Joo put up four fingers. "If this 'Minerva' has really hidden instructions, he mist have worked with these four at best. Your own, and three others. You've told me of how you found out the truth and planned to escape. However, I have serious doubts that such a feat is achieved often. What's more, you yourselves must know how hard it is to survive outside. Other fugitives are therefore quite unlikely. Albeit... I've sometimes heard of cattle raiders. Those are demons who, consumed by the desire to eat humans, attack plantations and steal them. They're exceptionally rare, though. They might be useful tools for your cause. I can think of nothing else of use. However, it depends a lot about how you go about it. At any rate, there are no humans out there with comparable knowledge to you all. These are the hard facts. Or, at the extent I know."

Y/n put her hands in her head. Factory children... is it possible we can save them, too? How could we do that when they can't even understand simple language?! Can we even save them? Y/n felt someone sit beside her. She looked over and saw Ray who was hugging her.

"Don't worry. We'll find a way to save them, too." Ray said. Is he psychic? Y/n wondered. "So don't wrinkle your pretty little head about it, alright?"

Y/n covered her face in embarrassment. Sung Joo glanced over and saw the two together. Like when he rescued them, he grinned. In this dreadful world, those two can especially find happiness. Sort of amusing, in a way.