5- Start!

Written: 12/15/20
Published: 12/21/20

About seven years had passed. Ray and Y/n stayed strong through all the 'adoptions' and kept the secret well. The boy kept requesting supplies for their tracker destroying device right under Mama's nose. Y/n wished she could do more. So she requested things from the outside world. Without even realizing it, Y/n had become more quiet than when she was 4. Granted, she still played with her little siblings every now and often. But typically had her hands full with observing Mama's moves and studying the outside world. Other children assumed her drawing away was because she was serious about her studies. But Y/n knew that her and her other fellow eleven-year olds had little time left. They were adopted on their 12th birthday and being 11 really was not relaxing at all. Her and Ray had to begin setting their plan in motion. If not? They would die. It was as simple as that.

Today was another unfortunate day. However, it was also the beginning of everything Y/n and Ray had been striving for. Today was the day that Emma and Norman would discover the secret of Grace Field. Y/n and Ray had it all planned out. Another poor unfortunate child was getting adopted today. The child was a six-year old female named Connie. Y/n and Ray both knew she would be next, observing the grades for her year. Y/n had tried to tutor the young girl, but the younger girl just couldn't seem to grasp the concepts. Of course, this pained Y/n, but she had nothing left she could try.

Connie held onto her stuffed bunny as Mama fed her. The young girl said today she could act young since she was getting adopted. After breakfast, they took their daily tests and Mama announced the four eldest got full scores. It wasn't like Y/n cared. She just needed to make herself look good and stay alive.

     As according to the strict schedule, the children got to play the rest of the day. Everyone ran outside and began to plan the game of tag, suggested by Don. Don had grown into a tall, cute eleven-year old. Gilda had grown into a cute, petite girl.

     "How about you, Ray? Y/n?" Emma asked the two. Ray was reading a book. Y/n sat beside him, reading the same book.

      "I'll pass." Said Ray.

      Emma pouted. "Tch. Would it kill you to come play with us once in awhile? How about you, Y/n? Come on! You haven't played with us since two weeks ago!"

       The said girl shook her head. Norman who was nominated to be "it", began stretching and said we would start counting at this moment. The sudden announcement encouraged all the kids to start sprinting in several different directions. Of course, Emma had far superior athletic abilities so she was the first out of sight. Norman watched Ray and Y/n read together and he chuckled. He then set off after the clock in his brain rung that he could go search for his siblings.

      "Ray. Are you prepared for everything to begin?" Y/n asked.

      The black haired boy glanced at her. "Yeah. All our years of planning, finally settling. Are you prepared?" He asked. Y/n cocked her head.

      "What are you... I've been ready since I agreed to join you seven years-"

      "Not that." Ray interrupted. "You know... Emma and Norman won't be as happy, go-lucky after today. Perhaps you should have played with them."

     Y/n hummed. "True. As for playing with them... they'll play another round. Don will get frustrated, as usual, and suggest another round." Y/n confidently predicted.

     One sibling was running towards them. This meant they were caught by Norman. The two ceased their talking and continued reading. The numbers of children returning rapidly increased. The waiting children became bored and held a conversation.