30- The True Location

Written: 1/24/21

Published: 2/6/21

     Y/n stared in awe. Lucas? Is this the man the Mister-

"We'll be taking our leave, then." Oliver said as he walked out, the others following close behid. Gillian waved to Y/n on her way out the door.

Shut up, Lucas! So he's alive..? Y/n thought. The man walked over to the table. "Um, excuse me but... are you from glory bell?" Y/n asked, taking a step towards him. "Could it be that you've come from B 06 32 and you're a friend of-"

"I see."

"Huh?"

"That gear you're wearing... I figured you must've been to B 06 32..."

"So then..." Y/n started. Can you be more clear...

"Yes, I knew... but what I wanted to know most..." Y/n caught his hand with the glove and cane trembling. "I'm terrified of asking. It's been over 13 years already..." He turned and looked deep into Y/n's eye. "...is that guy still alive?"

Y/n gaped. So that's what he was wondering? He'll be relieved when... Y/n smiled at him.

Lucas took that as his answer. His breath hitched as he bowed his head. "I see. That's great. I'm happy..! That's great!"

Y/n grinned. She wished she knew what it felt like. How it felt to find out that someone she thought was dead was, in fact, alive. (Those who know, don't spoil.) Y/n took Lucas' hand and sat him on the chair. Y/n then took a seat opposite of him.

Lucas wiped his eye. "Looking at me must be off-putting. Sorry about that."

Y/n shook her head. "No, not at all." She smiled at him. "This is great! I hope we get to tell that man. He'll be so happy! He, well, he thought you died along with all of your guys' comrades."

"They did die." Lucas replied with a solemn look. "I'm the only other one who managed to escape alive. And at that time, I thought I was dead, too."

••<— Flashback —>••

Lucas was exhausted. Blood stained his shirt and pants. Clenching his black gloved hand, he turned back to his friend. "Go!" He shouted. His friend nodded as he started off. He smiled. Yeah, go for it! Reach the human world, even if you gotta do it alone. Do it for us! At least one human will survive! Trust me... I'm not letting these monsters go after you... because for all of us... He looked amongst his fallen friends. You're our only hope. He panted as he leaned against a tree, clenching the area where his right arm should've been.

A tall, slender, and black clothed demon stood a few yards away. His long and bony fingers gripped the arm of the boy as he stared at the trail of blood.

Lucas lightly banged his head on the tree. Is this the best I can do? He agonizingly wondered. He looked to his side. There stood a female.

"This way!"

••<— End of Flashback —>••

"There was a girl I didn't know..." Lucas told. "In fact, she had a face I had never seen before. That girl told me she had been hiding for a long time. To escape from the monsters. She'd been hiding somewhere they'd never find her. And they didn't, so I escaped, too. All thanks to her, she gave me shelter. I believe now the poachers think I was with that guy. And I kept my place to this windmill for 13 years. I've become 'the man who isn't there'. The only ones who know of my existence are Adam and the other 9 kids. Now you."