14- Save Norman!

Written: 12/29/20

Published: 12/30/20

     "You're escaping tomorrow alone." Ray said.

     Norman smiled. "I'm sorry but I c-"

     "No." Ray stated. Norman flinched and had a nervous smile on his face. "Listen here. To be more specific, we want you to pretend to escape tomorrow." Norman looked confused. "We'll disable your tracker and you can pretend that you've left us. However, in reality, you'll be hiding within house grounds until Emma and Y/n heal."

     "And on the day that we can finally escape together, you'll come with us!" Emma finished. 

      "Until then, you'll be 'gone' from the house, so you're free to leave and investigate whenever you like. " Y/n said. "Since you don't 'exist', we won't have any issues meeting back with you, either." Y/n saw Norman about to speak. "Don't worry about security, either." She stopped him. "Judging from how this house works, I doubt they'll put much in terms of security."

     "The way this house works?" Norman questioned.

      Y/n nodded. "1) This house values the mental and physical health of its products before death. 2) This house does everything it can to hide its secrets. The first rule is maintained in order to help the brain reach its full development. For it to fully develop, not only must one be raised with a good education, but also with a healthy amount of love and exercise. The minimum requirement for any product that comes out of this house is 'cage-free, healthy, and raised with love.'" Y/n explained.

     Ray continued from there. "The second rule is maintained for similar reasons. The monsters would never intentionally show themselves to us. One, obviously because any sane kid would run away if they ever saw something like them. But also because controlling the children with fear won't get them the right kind of quality brains. That's why they go out of their way to get humans to raise us. Also their imaginative setting of an orphanage."

     Y/n took charge again. "From this, we can gather... that the monsters won't be able to take away hardly any of the freedom we already have. They can't even make changed to the house in order to restrain us. Heck, they can't raise the height of the wall surrounding this place much, since it might stress the kids out if they look outside and all they can see in the distance is a big wall."

     Norman sighed. "And what if they raise it just enough to be a problem?"

     "Then you can build a ladder while in hiding or something!" Ray growled.

      "What if they implant even higher tech trackers into your bodies?" Norman asked.

     "Then we know where they are." Y/n answered. "We already know they exist, too. So quit coming up with one excuse after another!" She shouted. "In any case, there's no need for you to die, right now! It's clear as day that accepting fate isn't your only option right now. We'll get you food and make sure you're hidden!"

     "And I have a trump card we can use against Mama..." Ray added. Norman's eyes widened a bit at Ray's remark. Ray didn't give them much time to think of what his card was. "So live! Pretend to escape! With our plan, w-"

     "I can't." Norman stated. It was silent. "I can't. It's no good. Security increase isn't the only things that's bound to happen if I do. If I run away, there's an incredibly high chance that either of you three will be shipped out instead of me. Having one of you die in my place... is the last thing I would wish for." The three looked at him in frustration. He was right. Norman had a wide, sad smile on his face. "Thank you. It's alright. I've already thought this through. I must be the one to go tomorrow. I'll let them take my life. But in exchange, they won't be able to take anything else from me. I have absolutely no intentions of losing. I will win! I'll make sure the escape is successful. That's all I want. That's all I need."