45- Confliction

Written: 3/7/21
Published: 3/23/21

AM I 13 DAYS LATE?!?! IM SO SORRY. THIS CHAPTER HAS BEEN WAITING TO BE PUBLISHED FOR SO LONG. I EDITED THE LAST ONE TWO DAYS AGO AND IT FOOLED MEEEEE.

     "You don't have to keep running anymore." Norman continued. "Let's instead transform this world of demons into a paradise for children."

      Y/n gaped. But...

     "YEAHHH!" Everyone screamed.

      "Awesome!"

      "We can beat them!"

     "Just blow up the farms and..."

      "I didn't even dare to think of it..." Nigel muttered. "Just the thought that those powerful monsters could be completely defeated... all of them!"

     "Indeed, if we get rid of the demons in this world, that would be the best option." Pepe said.

      "Right." Nat added. "Escaping to the human world is all well and good, but there are risks, too..."

       "Above all, no more demons means no more hunting." Gillian grinned. "No more shipping. We can live our lives without being eaten. Without being afraid all the time!"

      "What about the 7 walls, now?"

      "We came so far seeking for them, to make it so that the demons wouldn't chase us anymore."

      "No..." Don spoke. "That option had many risks and conditions, too."

      "Right." Ray said. "If there is a good strategy to wipe out those monsters... Then that's the most reliable way."

      "I see!"

     "That's great!" Alicia smiled. "Isn't it, Emma? Y/n?"

     They all gathered around the two girls. "We can help all the children!"

      "And build a world without any more cattle!" Jemima smiled.

     "They said it's the safest way..."

      "We'll help them beat the demons and the Ratri guys!"

      "Everybody will be able to smile like the children living in this hideout."

      "I'm glad..." Gilda said. Y/n and Emma whipped their heads, mouth agape at the girl. "This way, you two won't be put in danger all the time."

     Y/n gaped at her. Violet smiled at Y/n. "No matter how hard, how painful it was... you've been keeping all together all along."

      "Now you can finally take some weight off your shoulders, you know?" Oliver said.

      "Having Norman on our side..." Lannion started as he gripped Norman's arm.

     "...Is like having a superhero!" Thoma finished as he gripped Norman's other arm.

      "Let's build it together." Norman said. "And this time, the future we build will leave no children behind."

     Y/n looked down at all of the children gathered around her. "That's great, right?" Jemima asked.

      Emma smiled. "Yeah..!"

       Y/n inwardly frowned. She feigned agreement. "Yes. It's great, and I'm glad." She said as she kneeled and buried her face in her younger siblings. There, her face and sad frown was hidden from their happy faces.

     Ray eyed Y/n closely. I've seen that fake smile way too much to know the truth. What is she not happy about? Actually...

      "Well then!" Norman said as he clapped his hands. "We can take it easy and discuss the details later. You must be very tired, no? Let's focus on resting now. Your rooms are all ready for you! I'll show you the place."