12-Prepare to Inspect!

Written: 12/28-29/20
Published: 12/29/20

The white haired boy led the other two to where Emma was apologizing. "Apologies form us, too." Norman called.

Don clenched his teeth and looked down. "I'm sorry for getting too heated and punching you guys! You guys oka-" He paused. He saw the bruises on his friends. "WELL OBVIOUSLY NOT! LET'S HEAD OVER TO THE INFIRMARY RIGHT NOW!" The boy exclaimed.

"Haha, we're fine." Norman assured.

"We're sorry for acting on our own." Gilda said.

"Yeah...Ray and Y/n definitely have the rights to be angry with us..." They began sniffing. "Just... We're really..."

Norman faced Ray and Y/n who were avoiding eye contact. "Come on."

Ray growled. "Ahh! Whatever! Forget it... If something happens, we'll be sure to cover for it." Don looked at Ray with a kind, loving smile.

Y/n thought about Connie and framing Don. "I'm also sorry for the stuff we did." She said with a hand on her neck.

"From here on, petty lies are going out the window." Emma said. "So let me ask again. "We're dead meat if we screw up. There are terrifying monsters outside this place. But are you two still willing to come with us?"

"Of course!" The two synchronized.

"We'll also do our best to become worthy of your guys faith. So let us do anything we can to help out!" Gilda commented. Emma thanked her as she took her hands.

"All right, now we have to start planning for the next step: inspection." Norman said. "I already have a task I'd like you two to carry out for me." The two looked at him in surprise and interest.

Norman informed the two about their small job. Y/n and Ray slipped away and headed to the infirmary anyway. Ray sat down and Y/n opened some cupboards, grabbing some items. She grabbed some gauze pads, a few anointment oils, and a bandage. She sat down on a stool opposite of him.

Y/n poured the oils onto the gauze pad. She folded the pad in half and reached over. Y/n touched Ray's face and gently patted the boys bruised cheek. He faintly winced. She continued to pat his cheek until she was satisfied it would heal properly. She then took a patch of bandage, ripped it form the roll, and placed it on the slightly wet, cheek. It stuck nicely. Ray's fingers traced to the bandage, tapping it.

Ray then looked Y/n in the eyes. "Alright, your turn."

Ray copied Y/n's actions with applying the anointments to the pad. He looked at Y/n who was aimlessly looking around. He'll have to touch her soft skin... Ah... He's nervous. His shaky hands with the pad reached for her cheek. He patted her too gently, it barely touching her face. Y/n rolled her eyes. Y/n took her hand and grabbed Ray's wrist, forcing him to apply the oils more aggressively.

The boy internally was hyperventilating. Oh... Is this what Norman was talking about? He wondered. Y/n's grip loosened, and Ray continued to tap the pad to her cheek. His hand on the side of her face, her slightly leaned in... He wanted to... He placed a bandage on her cheek, them remaining in the same positions. They were both leaned in while Ray had his hands cupping Y/n's face. He slowly and discreetly leaned in. Y/n looked at him in confusion.

"Oh, hey you guys are here after all." Norman interrupted. Ray and Y/n pulled away and Y/n showed Norman her bandage. "Heh..." Norman glanced at Ray who covered his face with his hair. The white haired boy was tended to by the two and the three then went on to bed.