NEW ARC! 28- Easy Prey

Written: 1/15/21

Published: 1/30/21

Sorry. I've just been super depressed that uh.. 'Mister' isn't in the anime 😭😭😭😭 AND THAT THEY FREAKING SKIPPED THE WHOLE GOLDY POND ARC AARGHHHH.

Jk I just forgot.

Y/n awoke with a jolt. She opened her eyes as she sat up, unfamiliar ground and terrain surrounding her. "Where am I?" She asked herself. There were several trees around with lights strung around the trunks. There were a few treehouses inside a few of the trees. Around thirty feet away was a little village. It was filled with small houses like what you would see in an ancient hidden village in a fantasy book. There was also a large windmill in the center. Balloons and carnival decorations were everywhere in the village. Y/n could hear a stream nearby. There were random flowers around her.

"Ugh..." She groaned. Y/n looked at the sky. It was a pale blue. It's morning? She wondered. But we were...How come? Okay, think. Yeah, I remember...I was...taken? But who could've? She tried to come up with an answer as she walked through the paved streets. No demons in the area? Where's Ray? Where's Emma? And where's that man? Are they safe? She cupped her hands. "RAAY! EMMAAAA! MISTERRRR!" She yelled. She came across a suspended sign that read welcome. Now she was really confused.

Y/n walked under the sign. She looked everywhere in her surroundings. She peeked through the windows of houses to see interior similar to Grace Field. A children's room kind of. In the center was a pole with four siren things tied around it. Everything is so colorful. It's just like being in a fairy tail. Is this a village for humans? But a place like this...what's more, it's way to quiet. Not even a single person anywhere... She walked to some stairs. From the top, she could see a forest with a very clear, obvious dirt road. It seemingly led to a large mansion in the distance. What's that? A country mansion? Think... A village, farm fields, a forest, and a mansion. But we're still in the demon world, aren't we? On top of that this wind...we're in winter, but it feels just like spring. The trees and flowers, the grass and the breeze...it's all completely different from yesterday's forest.

Y/n examined herself. A few scratches here and there, but that was there originally. She was dirty from their long trip. She had no aching places. She still had all of her clothes. She checked the pack. Everything was still in there. She tightened her grip on the pen. "And so I'm unharmed..?" She wondered. I don't get it. Just what is happening here? On second thought, I can't say 'yesterday.' Maybe many days have passed. If this is a distant place, what do I do? Anyway, the first priority is to find Ray, Emma, and Mister. And for that, I have to find out what kind of place this-

Y/n stopped her train of thought when she spotted movement. She made the figure out to be a human. A human being?! She shouted in her mind. It's a child! "Wait!" She called as they ran away. "Hey! Wait, please!" They ran through an alleyway, her following. Tell me... Where are we? What is this place?

~~~~~

Ray and Emma were frozen. They had no idea what had just happened. One moment Y/n was in front of them, talking to Mister, and the next she's tied up and taken away. "Crap!" Ray huffed. He remembered his fingers brushing her soft ones. When Ray tried to follow where she had been talking, Mister grabbed his shirt and threw him on the ground.

"Ray!" Emma exclaimed.

"Forget it!" Mister yelled. "You are only getting yourself taken, too! Run!!" He yelled as he grabbed the two kids and put them under his arms. He then began running away. Ray and Emma's shouting for him to let them go.