(AE#3) An Adolescent's Resolution

Written: 10/9-22/23

Published: 10/22/23 ... 23:28

(Pretty long chapter, but it's been a long time! It'd mean a lot to comment and vote!)

(I recently read this book for the first time and wow. How fun and I apologize I took so long! I'm in a TPN phase again at the moment.)

The morning routine passed as it normally did. The duo took their tests and learned their lessons. Mealtimes were concise and the food was closely measured by the sisters in training. They would specially prepare the proper amount of food for ages of each growing girl and the one maturing boy.

"Hey, 18194! 81194!" A high voice beckoned. The two turned over their shoulders as they left the cafeteria to see Ashley and Faye approaching. The two gave a quick glance to the other, Y/n giving a wink to Ray. "What percentage did you guys get on the tests this morning?"

"Oh, we absolutely flunked it." Y/n said, trying to sound serious. "Guess we're going to be shipped out tomorrow."

Ashley covered her mouth with a gasp. Y/n assumed she covered her mouth so she could smirk. Faye's brows dropped as she placed a hand on her chest supposedly sympathetically. "That can't be!"

Ray then revealed both of their tests, a 100% written noticeably in red. "Because it isn't." He responded with a little laugh.

Ashley and Faye froze for a second before getting their act back on. Faye readjusted her glasses with a sigh. "You two..."

"Really had us there for a second!" Ashley laughed.

Y/n smiled back. "And that'll get you killed." She shrugged as she and Ray turned their backs on them and began walking to their room for a ten minute break. As they passed the corner, they heard Ashley let out an irritated groan and a foot colliding loudly with the floor.

"Barely anything happened and they're already slipping?" Y/n muttered to the two of them.

Ray shrugged. "That's no sweat off our backs, though. Just an easier stepping stone for us." the two passed a farm demon and gave it a nod in greeting. "It hasn't been long and we're already well-favored and on good standing with the ones truly running this."

Once they were out of earshot again, Y/n nudged the boy. "So? What should we do about Faye and Ashley..?"

"We could use them as pawns, like intimidate them into submission." Ray suggested. "Not sure the reward would be worth the effort, though."

The h/c haired girl sighed. "How about we get them absolutely shipped? That might give us a shortcut to the roles we are here for. You still got your camera?"

Ray chortled. "Ha, yeah. I feel bad because I told one of our siblings that it was unusable. Moving past that, those two are bound to slip up in some way."

Y/n nodded in acknowledgement. "By the looks of it, banding together with other sisters is not a problem to the demons. Most things are fair game. If there was one thing I would assume is strictly against the rules, it would be false evidence or incorrect facts. If we can get photographic proof... They're done for."

"I think Mama had some special privileges since she was able to get us some toys." Ray deduced. "That means no other person should have something like a camera in their position or knowledge that we have one."

"Sweet."

~~~

"18194, come here." A plant demon announced. Y/n stood up from her desk that was in the center of the assortment of desks. The other sisters closely watched every movement that the girl made as she approached the demon at the front of the room. Ashley and Faye locked eyes with each other before turning their attention back to the situation.