44- Origin

Written: 2/27/21

Published: 3/10/21

     "You."

     The male smiled at her. "Y/n."

      Y/n had tears flowing down her cheeks. "Norman. What happened to you?" She clenched her fist. "I've thought about it so many times... A world where you're alive... I've regretted it so many times..." She ran up to him.

     Y/n jumped into his surprised and unsuspecting arms. Norman hugged back. "I've wanted to see you all so much. I'm glad you're all okay."

     "You idiot." Y/n cried. "You were alive. You were alive, Norman!" Y/n backed away and raised her hand. She swept her palm against his right side face. "What happened to you? You can just accept death like that and expect us to have everything go to normal."

     Norman shyly put a hand to his neck. "Man, how mean... I was sent to another plantation. Kept again by them."

      "Norman..." Y/n said. "You had to be kept as cattle again?"

     "Yeah... But I escaped. I also destroyed the place." Norman smiled. "I'm glad to see you all escaped."

     "Yeah! Emma brought Ray with us, too! In addition, we have a much larger family now!"

      "Oh, really?" Norman moved to the door. He opened it and poked his head out. "Hayato, can you bring everyone with Y/n's group here?"

     "Sure!" Hayato said. Y/n heard him mutter, "Y/n? Are they really good friends?"

      Norman returned to the girl with him. Y/n crossed her arms. "You know, you really didn't have to die back there."

      "You don't know that..." Norman replied.

      "Yeah. I don't." Y/n told him. "But do you know how much pain all of us went through? Emma especially had a tough time. How could you up and leave us like that?"

     "Because I wanted you all to live..." Norman said. Silence enveloped the two once again. Norman took a glance at Y/n. "What happened over this year and eight months?"

      Y/n looked up at him in surprise. She then put a finger to her lips. "Well, we got to the shelter in the B coordinates." Norman smiled at that. "There was an adult there before us, though."

      Norman's brows raised. "An adult?"

      "Yeah. He was also an escapee." Y/n explained. "He was pretty nasty and rude to us at first. He even pulled a gun on me." Norman flinched at that. "I uh... may have punched him somewhere. Anyway... we convinced him eventually to take us to the A area, Goldy Pond. Have you heard of it?"

     "I think so..." Norman said. He looked at Y/n in worry. "But if that's so, then..."

      "Yep. I was hunted. It was extremely frustrating how so many people died, not knowing why." Y/n said. "But me and some of our new family, along with Emma, Ray, and Yuugo destroyed the shelter. He and his friend, Lucas, died recently by the Ratri clan... They protected us."

      "I'm sorry." Norman said. I'm glad to hear that they protected you all...

      "They were like our fathers. I barely escaped with my life there."

     "Hm?"

      "They had to blow the shelter up in attempt to kill them."

     "Oh."

      "WAIT!" Y/n shouted. Norman whipped his head at her. "So are you the one who sent us that telegram by the phone?"

Norman sighed in relief. He nodded. "So you guys did get it..."