38- Discovery

Written: 2/20/21
Published: 3/3/21 (sorry, I got tripped up from the month change numbers)

(Here is your daily dose of Phil)

     Phil looked in the sky. There were birds flying in the sky. Birds that would fly away from there and live without the fear of being eaten.

     To Y/n and Emma. Are you doing well?

      Phil suddenly felt an arm around him. He then fell to the ground. One of his new siblings had playfully tackled him and Carol.

     "Surprise!" A voice said. "Super galactic attack!" One of Phil's new siblings, Simon, was an energetic seven year old. Phil and Carol laughed as they tried to escape Simon's tickling. "Let me play with you two!" He then got off of them and held Carol as he took Phil's hand. "Sorry about that."

     I'm doing fine. It's been two months since that day. Various things have happened. Carol has been talking more and more everyday. Shelly and my scores have increased. Eugene, Charlie, and Milly are all doing well. But... I don't know about our other family. After that night, we were broken up and scattered. And entrusted to 'partner facilities'. The same house. The same sky. My guess is that we were distributed among the other four plants. I havent seen Mama since that day. I don't know where she is right now. We have a new life and a new Mama. My new siblings are good people. My older brother Jackie and my sweet sister Helen. Then there's Simon, always laughing. He's a lot like Don. However...

     "Now everyone. Say your goodbyes to Simon." The Mama said. She had her hands on the shoulders of the grinning boy. He had his uniform on. Everyone was sad at his departure, but glad for him. He would be in a good family.

      "Congratulations, really!"

     "It'll be okay!"

     "We'll be waiting for your letters."

     Phil was not smiling as many of his siblings were. He was extremely fond of Simon and seeing him like this; so happy... and so unsuspecting. It tore Phil's heart apart.

     They have no idea. What do you want to be when you grow up, Phil? I want to be... an astronaut! I know the truth. The adoption is a lie. Simon is being harvested today. He'll never be able to grow up. I want to say, "Run away!" Or, "don't go with her!" But I can't tell him. I'm not able to protect Shelly and the others. It's no use to try. Phil felt tears flow. Is this what you and Ray felt like, Y/n?

     The house continued to go on as usual. Simon was dead. No one knew it. They continued to live their lives. Their horrible, fake lives.

     Y/n. Are you all eating properly? Is anybody injured or sick? Did you escape safely and meet Minerva?

     A girl noticed Phil's solemn look. He hadn't touched his food. "Phil, what is it? Are you feeling okay?"

     The Mama of the house eyed Phil closely. The boy was usually so happy. The Mama felt something was off about the boy. It was like... he knew something.

     After the meal was over, Phil went to his bed. He collapsed onto the bed. He curled up and covered his face. I want to see you. I'm so lonely. It hurts. I want to see you, Y/n! I wanted to go with you so bad... but I promised. I decided to stay behind. I can't break that promise now! I have to keep it for their sake. She'll come for us. If Y/n can't come to us, I might take everyone to her! So... I'm doing fine. I'm okay, Y/n.

     The next day, there was a mysterious knock on the door. Phil looked at it in curiosity. Neither at Plantation 3 nor this one had ever gotten a knock.