42- Growth

Written: 2/25/21

Published: 3/14/21

"That broadcast. I hope it reached the shelter."

"Yes, it had to have. Let's get started, James."

~~~~~

"Intruders! Intruders! All plantation personnel, aler- Come on, respond... Who are these people?!"

A quartet of people walked through the bloody corridors of a plantation. Their ages varied. A girl was in her early twenties or so and she had black hair with pink strands. She wore short shorts and a black tank top with a star. A male who seemed late twenties or more wore a black shirt and a vest (?) on top. He held a nunchuck sort of thing. He had white and black hair with piercings. Another male wore a paper bag on his head. He wore a black and purple shirt underneath. Long pants and a vest intermingled. He bore two long swords. The final male looked in his middle thirties. He had a bald head and stitches. He wore glasses and wore fancy clothes.

"Mister Momotaro, Mister momotaro~~. Kibi dumplings go on rice cakes~" A feminine voice sang.

"What is a kibi dumpling?" A deep voice asked. He was the one with ear piercings.

"Who cares?" The girl replied.

"And what even is that song, anyway?" The deep voice asked again.

"Hm? Well it's a song you sing when... exterminating demons."

The girl held her bat up to her shoulder

The girl held her bat up to her shoulder. She smirked. She looked back to the demons. "Hey, can I eat them later?"

The guy with piercings' mouth twisted. "Who cares? Do what you want. I'd tell ya to cut it out, but you would just do it again anyway."

"Oh come on..." The girl whined. "It pisses me off that we're always the meat, you know? Raised as cattle... it pisses me more than I can say..."

"Yeah, I get that..." The other guy replied. "I'm as pissed as ya."

The man with the glasses sighed. He readjusted his glasses. "I suppose I should say I'm... 'pissed' too. Don't you have any more words in your vocabulary?"

"Awah..." The bag boy said.

"For example?" The pierced eared guy asked. "Any suggestions, smart guy?"

"The possibilities are endless, surely?" The glasses replied. "You could say that you're enraged, furious, vexed, brimming with righteous anger at the injustice of the era?"

"What?! What does that even mean, man?!"

They walked through a doorway. The four were met by an awful sight. However, they were accustomed to it. This was a mass producing plantation. Of course there would be several levels of barely living human children. Children who didn't know they had a life or how to even speak, or think. Standing in front of them with their back to them was their leader.