31- The Telegram

Written: 1/31 /21 & 2/3/21
Published: 2/9/21

    "This is William Minerva."

Y/n almost choked.

"I want to briefly convey some information to you who took this phone call, who I believe to be an escapee. First of all, I must give you my deepest apology...I'm sorry. The elevator is a 'path' that can cross over to the human world. However, it can no longer be used."

Y/n sighed. This must be a recording, based on the tone.

"I do not know what month and year you all are living in, but whenever you are hearing this recording, that elevator will not be working as it once was. It was stopped. And the 'path' was closed. It is my fault. I could not foresee my trusted confidant's betrayal. The village I made in A 08-63 too. It is probably no longer safe. Because of that person, it is already ruined or perhaps you guys unfortunately already know that."

So this village was made by Minerva. It was originally a safe place, too. But I wonder what it was for.

"I wanted to atone for my sins." The voice continued. "My real name is James Ratri. A descendant of the family who made 'the promise' with them 1000 years ago. I am the 35th head of the family. Generation after generation, it has been out duty to act as the mediator between the two worlds. In order to maintain order in the human world, generation after generation for the past 1000 years, we have devotedly upheld 'the promise' by raising you as food as a sacrifice. I cannot abandon my duty. For the sake of the human world. But I could not endure it. As a human being...at this outrageousness. At least, I could provide you all an 'opportunity' to choose your own future. Therefore, in the books delivered to the farms, I took on a fictional person named William Minerva. It was a mere trivial craftsmanship, but at least you children who noticed...would be able to live in a safe shelter...and would be able to secretly travel through the secret 'path'. But that 'path' was closed and the village is also probably unusable. According to that person's scheme, my life is now being targeted by my family."

Y/n and Lucas gaped at that comment.

"It is currently May 20th, 2031. By the time you are listening to this recording, I am probably no longer in this world."

"Is he dead?!" Y/n exclaimed.

"I'm sorry." It continued. "But this is not a defeat. I have no intention of being killed so easily. There are more supporters of you all besides me. Besides, that elevator is not the only 'path' for coming and going. It's dangerous, but there are numerous other 'paths'. For example... Grace Field House, Glory Bell, Grand Valley, and then Goodwill Ridge."

Y/n really choked then. "The heck!?"

"At least inside each of those 4 high quality farms lies a 'path'. That is different than the one at Goldy Pond and should probably not be closed. Realize the future that you desire. If you want to secretly escape into the human word, I'll direct several of my allies towards you. If you have friends with you, I'll send you all together through one of the paths. Or not...If you want to break this world's crooked order and 'the promise'...then break it. Total war with them will break out. Resulting in the two worlds returning to their previous state of hunt or be hunted. I will not personally break it, but if that is what you desire, then neither I nor my allies will hinder that choice."

Y/n frowned. Is he telling us to secretly escape with numbers that won't be detected or to create a rebellion with everyone else?

"But. If the future that you seek is neither of those, then search for the seven walls."