25- Departure

Written: 1/9/21
Published: 1/19/21

The man scowled and growled. Y/n continued. "This place is important to you. You understand that if we blow up this shelter... you won't be having any more tea parties."

The man snarled. How do these kids... are they insane?

"If we're gonna die anyway, why not blow it up?" Emma smiled.

"Right!" Y/n replied, pointing towards Emma.

They gotta be crazy. It comes down to a threat... something's wrong with their heads. This is nasty! But, in one day, they've already... what do I do? They're full of openings... I could turn the tables... These kids are a pain... search for Minerva... If both choices will cause trouble, I guess the (h/c) one is quickest... No, it actually may be... a bit fun to watch I guess? He sighed. "Very well. If y'all are so eager to throw away your lives? I'll help you die."

"But..." Chris sobbed. "But Mister, you can't let them die!"

"You shut up!" The man said. "I'll go with you and help your search for Minerva. But! I'm showing the way and that's it. I'm not guarding crap. And I'm certainly not putting my life on the line."

     Y/n shrugged. "I get it. That's fine. So...What's your name?"

     "I said I'm not telling you my name... (Random rude nickname)."

     "(R/n)?!" Y/n exclaimed. That's my nickname now?!

     "Don't get me wrong, I don't have the slightest intention of getting close to you. And stay outta my sight, if you please. don't wanna stare at your stupid faces." The man said.

     Y/n's eyes squinted. He doesn't want to see us? There's probably more to it than that. "Pleased to meet you, then... hmm...Dear man with no name."

      "Yeah, yeah, whatever." The man replied. "We leave four days form now. You've got until then to prepare."

      Four, huh? Well, nothing as stressful as any other thing we've done. We'll just have to research the world as much as possible before we depart.

~~~~~

     The man pointed at Emma, "Antenna." He said. He pointed to Ray. "Sleepy cyclops." Don. "Bean head." Gilda. "Prissy four eyes." Lannion. "Curry chow." Thoma. "Pizza topping." Nat. "Nose!!" Nat smirked at his new nickname. Anna. "Babysitter." Alicia. "Hairball."  Mark. "Cookie." Chris. "Shaggy."

     Lannion and Thoma sank to the floor. "This sucks...he's bullying all of us!"

     Gilda comforted them by rubbing their backs. "That man doesn't want to learn our names...he's so stubborn about it!"

     "By the way Nat, what why are you looking so proud?" Ray asked.

     The said boy looked up at the ceiling, crossing his arms and smirking. "Because my elegant nose line has finally been recognized!"

    Y/n internally frowned. I noticed it... Long back to when you were 1...

     "Not only is he refusing to learn our names... He's not telling us his own name, either!" Emma said. "He's dead-set on that point, too."

      "He doesn't want to grow close. To us, I mean." Y/n said. "He must figure it's better to remain detached." She said as she shrugged.

     Meanwhile, the man they were discussing was teaching the children some valuable lessons. "Repeat after me." He told Dominic, Yvette, Alicia, Rossi, Chris, Mark, and Jemima. "Take care of the rooms." They repeated him. "Stay outta my sight." They repeated. "Don't even walk around to begin with." They repeated. "If you use something, put it back where you found it." They repeated. "Break any rules and you die." He said with a smile.