26- Survive!!

Written: 1/9/21
Published: 1/22/21

      Y/n pouted. He's gone full speed ahead right out the door! No matter. We will do this!

     The man continued to run extremely fast. Y/n noticed he wasn't even breaking a sweat. Y/n scanned the conditions of her friends. Ray and Emma were panting. She too, was tired, but she was able to keep up with the adult.

     "No joke, he's really fast." Emma said. "And he's lugging around that heavy gun, too... I guess adults are just on another level."

     The man glanced from afar. "Haha!" He yelled. "Kids suck at this!"

     Ray angrily pointed at him. "HE ACTS LIKE A SPOILED KID THOUGH!!" He pointed out.

     The man turned his head forward. Those two are slow. The (h/c) haired girl is actually keeping a good pace on me. But the other two are having a bit of trouble following me. "We gotta clear this area as fast as we can" He informed them. The three's attention were grabbed. "There's nothing particularly dangerous around..." Though it's not really safe, either... "Beyond the wastelands, there won't be any more areas that they conveniently avoid."

     Conveniently avoid? Ray and Y/n thought. Oh yes, I recall Sung Joo saying something... 'As long as you journey within the wastelands, the meeting of meeting demons is nil.'

     "When you can go ahead safely, don't waste time. Just go." The man said. "I don't wanna loiter around the shelter entrance like a friggin' idiot, too. First we'll head straight east and leave the wasteland. Then we search for Minerva... The journey to A 06 63 really starts once we get there."

     Y/n held up the pen. She remembered looking at a map of the coordinates back at the shelter. The Grace Field house was at 00 00. A 06 32 was around at a lake. The words at the location read 'Goldy Pond' Of course, the map was pretty old and probably not very precise. There were a ton of X marks on the map that probably indicated where the demon settlements were. She turned her attention back to running in the bare lands. No matter how dangerous it is... And even if, in the end, there's nothing here... I want to go. I want to see it for myself.

     Despite the three's tiredness, they picked up the pace and were at a fair distance behind the man. Well then... We succeeded in dragging along this guy. Now we have to stay smart. Don't lower your guard. Don't let him kill us. No matter how hard he pushes us, don't let go. Strength, experience, the playing field...The advantage is all his. But victory will be ours. The control is ours. With this man as a guide, the three of us will defy all odds and reach A 08 63 alive! We'll return for the sake of everyone.

     Is what they're probably thinking... The man finished their thoughts. The poor kids... The poor kids... Gotta hand it to them, though. These kids ain't joking around. They're manipulating me... by hanging their own lives on the line as bait. It would take a lot of work to shake them off... Just dispatch em'? It's easier outside... And with these two down. It'd be a lot easier to retake the shelter. What to do? Take up this chance and murder the heck out of em'? I kinda wanted to show them the cruelty of the real world and shut them up. Let them die and... come up with some lame excuse like that. Then take back my shelter....That was my plan, but... That glasses girl became a huge problem. As it is, I guess I should guide them to the real thing... Up to the point where that cruelty eats one of them alive. It's decided...Which of you will die alone out there?

     "After Gilda's ultimatum, he's sure plotting to kill one of us... but not all three." Ray said.

     "Yeah..." Emma said. "But rather than killing, I think that he's planning to let one of us die. I feel like he's someone who can commit murder if needed, but would prefer to avoid it."