Part 29

Merry Christmas!

Five stood just outside the wooden Lodge, arms crossed with a clear fish transport bag clutched in his hand - A.J Carmichael swimming around uselessly within it.

The once crisp white collar and cuffs of his shirt was either part soaked, or part splattered with deep red blood - his face and hands equally as messy.

The clacking of heels approached as the little assassin rubbed idly at the red, back facing the woman behind him - scoffing softly.

He uncrossed his arms, turning his head slightly to see the Handler - before turning back to his original position, still not facing her.

"Well?" She said expectantly, adorning a fancy magenta dress - and a black brimmed hat with a small lace veil handing down it. 

Five thrust his occupied hand towards the woman, giving her the fish without looking at her.

The handler gasped in excitement - as if she had received an early Christmas gift - placing the ebony briefcase that she was holding down beside her, pulling the lace veil over her hat, and grasping the water filled bag.

"A.J!" She cackled like a witch, cooing at the orange fish before sighing with content.
Five finally turned, the front of his body facing the woman who looked down at him.

"You know you're really starting to fill out those tight little shorts if yours." The old teen put his hands in his short pockets, looking off to the side as she continued chuckling happily.

"Why so quite? Thought you'd be buzzing after this morning's slaughter."

"Just not feeling... the best at the moment."
She pulled out a pearly handkerchief from her inner breast pocket.

"What, am I supposed to take that seriously?" She asked, dabbing the piece of cloth on her tongue before mopping up the side of his bloodied face with it.

"What I did today, I did for my family - I did it to save the world."

"- Please. Spare me your little assassin with a heart of gold routine, will you." The handler laughed out, waving the white cloth around his face before shoving it into her leather pocket - examining him again.

"And I forgot to mention, congratulations on the age regression by the way. Very clever. Threw us all off the scent."

"Ah, well, I wish I could take credit. I just miscalculated the time dilation projections, and... well, you know. Here I am." He replied in a rather irritated manner, giving her a flat stare.
The brunette exhaled deeply, picking up the leather briefcase and passing it to the boy.

"Here, Per our agreement. This briefcase will get you back to your school at the correct date and time - I've just called of those hitmen."

"And what about the apocalypse? How do I stop it?"
The handler gave him a look, stopping in her tracks.

"You already have everything you need to stop it."

"That's impossible for me to figure out!"

"Nothing is impossible, you showed me that when you took out the board today.
I must say, though. We're all quite impressed with your, initiative your... stick-to-itiveness, really quite, quite something." She grinned mischievously, gaze suddenly sharpening.

"Which is why we want to offer you a new position back at the commission, in management."

The little assassin chuckled darkly.
"Sorry, what's that now?"

"Come back to work for us again, you know it's where you belong." She whispered out.

"Well, it didn't work out too well the last time."

"But you wouldn't be in the correction division any longer.
I'm talking about, the home office. You're a distinguished professional in, school boy shorts. We have the technology to reverse the process.
I mean, you... you can't be happy like this."

"I'm not looking for happy." He answered curtly, eye twitching.

"Were all looking for happy. We can make that happen, we can make you... yourself again."

"How about no, for an answer."
The Handler sighed deeply, slowly turning on her pointed ebony heel.

"It's your loss. Now, remember, you already have all you need to stop the apocalypse."

The woman promptly walked away, leaving Five and the other two alone.

"What? How's that meant to help! Shit, that wasn't the answer I was looking for! Cicero, come on. I wasted my time here."

The platinum blond quickly reversed the spell he placed on himself and grasped Five's nearly bloodless blazer, Tom grabbing the corner of the black briefcase - the pulling sensation taking over again.

This new information, and the things Riddle had just witnessed definitely made him think twice about this boy - pulling himself deeper into the depths of this mystery called Five.

"That was frightening, honestly." Cicero said after they had entered their dorm, the little assassin walking over to the ceramic white sink - twisting the brass handles and washing his hands, watching the pink liquid swirl down the drain and out of sight.

"How is it possible for you to do that?! Kill more than one person that quickly - remind me to never get onto your bad side, ever. You were even offered a job!"

Five pulled a small fluffy green towel from the silver rack, dampening it with water and wiping his face properly - walking back onto his bed with the piece of cloth.

"That, was an example of something you can't ever do. It's a dangerous task, and the only way you would be able to accomplish it is if you had the correct mind, powers, DNA alterations and experience - along with skill.

You'll be doing much simpler things, like learning to disarm someone without magic, and eventually maim someone if you wish to learn how."

Cicero nodded, excitement buzzing throughout his body.
He pointed towards the little assassin's cheekbone.

"Umm, you've got a little blood there."
The boy thanked Cicero and towelled the area, getting rid off the splattered crimson liquid.

"So how exactly will I learn to disarm someone? Are you going to have like a dummy or something or... "

"A dummy? Shit, no you're not.
Cicero, you're going to be disarming a living being." Five answered, chuckling as the boy's face turned pale.

"Don't worry, it won't be anyone dangerous."

The colour in the blond's already pale face partially returned, hesitantly asking.
"Who will it be."
The little assassin looked up, answering casually.

"Me."

•