Part 12 : 56

Five was supposed to be taking a break, not moving around too much (just as Grace instructed) - maybe even relaxing in the large library, surrounded by the musty yet comforting smell of books and a mug of nice steaming coffee.

No, this stubborn old teen had other thoughts on mind, and decided to disappear to only god knows where three hours after he was discharged.

Tom had inwardly panicked a fraction after noticing the absence of magic, also half frustrated - the two emotions swirling around within him like a whirlpool.

Why couldn't that brunet just take a break?
Why was he always doings things like he was running out of time?

The apocalypse had been prevented, and it wasn't likely that he'd drop dead - the boy may have the consciousness of an aged old man, but for Merlins sake he was in a body of a teenager.

Maybe that was it?

Was the boy just going through the rebellious stage he always overheard the professors talk about in between classes? 

Whatever it was, it had lasted for a good hour and a half - and the dark haired wizard hoped that it wasn't something irrational that would end up in yet another life threatening situation (not that the logical brunet would do anything too stupid).

Tom was now seated on the edge of his bed with his elbows resting on his knees, a thick closed book laying beside him - discarded for one of the first times this week.
His leg bounced nervously ever so slightly, unnoticed by the wizard himself.

His heart finally stopped racing when Five suddenly reappeared in the wizard's room with a look of happiness etched on his face - a large and bulging duffle bag in hand.

The dark haired boy quickly scanned the boy who had just appeared, making sure that he didn't have any injuries before raising a questioning eyebrow, glancing down at the dark coloured bag.

"Where did you go?" He asked, in his usual calm and steady voice.
"I asked for an address a while ago, and decided to go there. It's a, nearby department store." The brunet answered, beginning to carefully place what he had on the rug by the bed, kneeling in front of it.

"I wanted you to meet Delores."
"Delores?"

"A girl who, accompanied me during the apocalypse."
I thought that he was the last living being? The wizard thought to himself, watching curiously as Five unzipped the bag, revealing a plastic mannequin - or at least, what was left of it.

Delores was missing an arm and her whole lower body, charcoal black scorch marks dancing across the base of her neck with a loose rainbow sequinned t-shirt pulled over the torso.

"She's been with me for nearly four decades." The brunet's steel blue eyes lit up with love, platonic love, as he cradled her, hand resting gently on her nape while grinning widely.

A small smile made its way to Tom's own face, the teen pushing off the comfort of his bed and crouching down beside the two on the rectangular grey rug.

"Hello, Delores - it's nice to meet you." Five look up at the dark haired boy, the dimpled grin never leaving his lips.
"She says hello." He looked back down at the mannequin.

"It's nearly been six years and that's one of the first things you ask me? No, I don't know what a fan fiction is."

I apologise for the late and short chapter 😭School's starting again, and I won't be able to update regularly anymore - but I will try my best!Luv you all <33

School's starting again, and I won't be able to update regularly anymore - but I will try my best!
Luv you all <33