Part 06

How the fuck, did Five Hargreeves end up in some wizarding office with Klaus clinging onto his right leg like a panda?

Apparently meeting an old wizard and travelling 3 thousand miles west to London through a hearth can do this to you.

"Fire place? Why would we need a fire place Mr Dippet Sir?" Klaus said, waggling his finger at the man who claimed to be the headmaster of a wizarding school that they didn't even know existed.

"It's one of the most convenient ways of travelling, it only takes a pinch of floo powder and poof." The man squeaked, doing some jazz hands.

"Yay! Ooh, can I inhale the powder-
"Please ignore my brother Klaus here, headmaster Dippet. He's a little, high." Five cut off Klaus, giving him a sarcastic smile.

"It's quite okay, and Klaus, was it? You can inhale it, but I'd advise against it. It may cause you to become gravely ill." Klaus smiled and went to take a step towards the old man, dropping the large leather suitcase onto the floor.
Only to be stopped by Diego and Luther, who restrained him by the arms.

"These two people, my loving brothers, will be accompanying me to London." Five explained, stuffing his hands into his blazer pockets after gesturing towards Klaus and Diego.

"Brilliant!" Dippet said, smiling.
"Gather your luggage and kiss your family goodbye, we must leave as soon as possible before the connection is cut off between the ministry's fireplace and this one." He continued, pulling out a silver container with intricate carvings of, dogs? on it.

"Wait, you guys have to leave now?" Luther asked, stepping forwards.
"I'm afraid so young man, don't worry. Your brother will meet with you again in the final week of June. And possibly the Christmas and or Easter holidays if he wishes to leave. Now chop chop, it's time to leave - time is ticking."

Professor Dippet appeared just after Diego stumbled in, chuckling at the boy who had just landed face forwards onto the woven carpet before lending him a hand, grey soot smeared across his face.

"Come boys, follow me." Five kicked Klaus off his leg, pulling his black sock back up before following the old man.

"You see, the school provides funding for those in need of money. As you don't have any galleons, sickles or knuts-" Klaus giggled in an immature manner.
"You'll be given some by the ministry in charge of Hogwarts. Of course you're also able to exchange muggle money for our own, so we'll be going to convert and collect it at Gringotts - the only bank in the wizarding world."

The man led them outside, the air neither humid nor dry.
The sky was clear, and the sun was slightly dull - not seething enough to blind or hurt your eyes. The perfect weather, in Five's opinion.

"Here we are." Dippet said, smiling. They had halted in front of a grubby looking pub, just in-between a large book shop and a record store. There was a small wooden sign nailed just above the door frame, on it in neat cursive writing was 'The leaky Cauldron.'

As Dippet opened the glass door, Klaus sighed.
The stench of cheap alcohol hit the three like a wave, the air slightly warm and humid with a couple of people scattered around the place.
It was a shabby and dark place, perfect conditions for a family of bats to live in.

The barman, who looked old and like a gummy walnut, stopped talking to a tall man in a red top-hat, smiling as he greeted them
"Dippet! Nice to see you again ol' mate. The usual for you?" The man gave a tired smile, and raised his hand.

"Good evening Tom. I'm afraid I won't be able to have a drink with you this fine day, I must get Five over here prepared for his first year at Hogwarts. I believe at this age he'll be registered as a fifth year." The bar man gave Five a goofy smile, tipping his imaginary hat and winking.

"Good luck boy."
Dippet and the three all walked through the back doors and out into a small courtyard that held nothing special in particular.
Just a few old weeds and a blue dustbin.

Five looked at Dippet's soft eyes, which pivoted between the mossy bricks - doing what seemed to be counting them.
"Hey Diego." He started, the man mentioned turned his head to face his physically smaller brother.

"Don't kill anyone while we're here." The wall rumbled as the old man tapped a specific brick, three times with the point of a stick that he held.
Each individual brick parted from each other smoothly like a wave, revealing a cobbled street.

Dippet turned to the three and smiled.

"Welcome, to Diagon Alley."

•