Part 17

"Mr Hargreeves, you never told us you had the ability to apparate. It's an amazing skill to have, and I'm thoroughly impressed - you must have practiced this many times to be able to do it that efficiently - but I must ask you, how did you do it within the school walls?"

Five allowed Riddle to hop back onto his feet, swiping off the dust that settled on his pressed black trousers with a faint scowl.

"I'm afraid that I haven't attempted apparition yet." The professor nodded like a bobble head, gesturing for him to continue.
" I was simply born with a gift no other human, which or creature has."
Merrythought questioned him further, although keeping in mind that messing with him too much wasn't going to be the smartest decision, seeing as to how easily he was able to take down their star pupil.

"How do you do it though?"
Five waved his hand around the air suggestively before he explained.
"Let's just say that I can manipulate specific things."

He gave a quick fake smile, one that he's used many times.
Five sighed as he clasped his hands, the sound bouncing off the wooden floors.
"Now, I'm not trying to rush you here professor. But don't you have a class to teach?"

---

The rest of the day was, uneventful.
For Five at least.

Nothing new or interesting happened, and the old teen actually feels as though he died a little bit during History with a dead wizard who believed that he was still alive.

Five was right, half the people there were insanely mundane - even if they could do something like knock someone over with a weak gust of air, it was common.

Boring.

Usual to the old timer at this point in time - and it was only the first official day at the wizarding school.

The most interesting thing that happened, was Tom Riddle.
Five's known his name for thirty-one hours - that's usually more than enough for him to analyse people properly.

But this ebony haired teen, wizard - he's like an unsolved riddle, a code to decipher.
So many secrets - secrets that Five would love to figure out.

But he doesn't have the time.

The world they all lived on, was going to meet a horrific end.
The inhabitants of the world are going to meet a horrific end.

Five had survived off scraps for 43 years.

He had seen the bodies of his family.

He had been pushed up to a point where he had a serious mental breakdown - things he never ever gets.

But the worst thing was - that he had been alone.
So fucking alone.

And to prevent these things from happening again, he had to figure something out, and quick - he couldn't afford to waste time.

The world's people depend on it, on him - even if they don't know they do.

---

Reginald Hargreeves sat at the head of the long, wooden table - seven dining children seated around it, nothing but the sound of cutlery chinking and a scratchy old record playing in the background.

A steak knife was suddenly dug into the table, Five smiling as all eyes shot up to him.
He spoke without hesitation, voice ringing out confidently.
"I have a question."