Part 05

Five stood at the end of his bed, the baby blue covers from 43 years ago still sitting on the simple, brown birch bed frame and stiff mattress.
An tar black ink-stain ate up the corner of that mattress, an accident caused by his loving sister when she was passing him an ink bottle.
The edges of it were faded after Vanya's many attempts to wash it out with a soggy cloth.

He sighed deeply as he pulled his empty leather trunk closer to his side.
Five examined his room carefully and slowly, taking in every detail that used to be part of his daily life before he got stuck in the depressing future.

Every one of the light sage walls were occupied by hundreds of equations.
All written neatly in white sharpie or chalk - a very faint smell of the permanent marker still lingering in the musty air.
New solutions to mathematical concepts that he discovered would be instantly scribbled down onto the wallpaper, making his room unique and his.

There wasn't a single square meter on that wall that wasn't covered in numbers.

A large framed window sat amongst those equations - little notes about space-time travel marking and staining the clear glass with black.
Sacramento drapes pushed to the sides, allowing sunlight to pour in.

A mug sat on his wooden desk, white with the words 'number five' scribbled messily on it, his sibling's little signatures scrawled on the bottom of it with colourful markers.
A few assorted pens, pencils and markers were placed inside the thick mug, a majority of them being either plain black, pearl white or forest green.

Beside the sage double doors a miniature round dart board sat, nailed onto the wall.
Small holes sat directly in the middle of the target, showing that the old teen had excellent aim, not as good as his brother's own, but still good enough.

"Five, come down here buddy! My favourite older, little brother." Five was beckoned downstairs by his brother's voice.
Klaus's words were still a little uneven and wavered easily like the wind, seemingly fragile and sensitive.

"Hey little bro, meet your new daddy." Five gave Klaus a bored look before turning to his other siblings.

"You're kidding me." He said dryly. The others smiled and shook their heads.
"Diego will be coming with you two as well." Allison filled in, shoving her brother forwards playfully.

Five sighed and blinked, reappearing with his back facing the family - Allison's cup of coffee in hand.
The actress lifted her drink and proceeded to take a sip out of it, realising that her coffee was replaced with a tall glass of lukewarm water.

"Hey, my coffee!" Five turned around with a serious look on his face, hand in pocket.
"I'm gonna need a lot of caffeine to get through this plane trip with these two assholes-"

Several knocks originating from the large birch front doors echoed throughout the house, Diego furrowed his eyebrows and pulled out one of his throwing knives - the polished metal glinting in the sunlight that shone through the windows.
He glanced at everyone, cautiously walked forwards, and opened the doors.

Five simply leaned back onto the wall, finishing off the half empty coffee and throwing the cup behind him.
"Don't kill him." He sang.
"Hey Allison, where'd you get the coffee? Because this shit is disgusting."

"Him?" Diego asked as he threw open the door, cold wind blasting everyone.
"It's a hunch, Diego."
The knife that he threw froze in mid air and fell to the floor with a loud clatter, an old man with a small wispy beard and a near bald head stepping in as if he owned the place.

"No need to be hostile, although I do understand your caution young Diego. The end of times is nearing." The strange old man flicked his hand, the doors closing gently with a light click.

"The end of times?" Luther muttered to himself.
The old man's midnight blue cloak swished as he turned swiftly, facing number Five.

"Hello Five Hargreeves, my name is Armando Dippet. I am the current headmaster of the Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry. I am here to escort you, and two of your siblings to London. It's quite a far cry from here, so I have found a, better, method of travel. I'm sure it's a little more convenient." The old wizard said in a feeble voice.

"Would you mind escorting me to your closest fireplace?"

•