Part 14

The table filled with sly Slytherins burst into cheer as Five's new house was announced, some of the others from opposing houses groaning before clapping in a slightly depressing manner.

Cicero smiled and nodded, keeping his hands to himself instead of patting him on the back like he would love to as the old teen sat beside him.

The others on the large oblong dining table welcomed Five and congratulated him on being sorted into such a prestigious house with words and gestures without any unnecessary noise.
A girl with long platinum hair and a face much like Cicero's leant over the near empty table, extending her arm as she smiled.

"Hello Five, my name is Camilla Andre - Cicero's older sister and female Slytherin prefect. Welcome to the house." The old timer gave his infamous coy smile and shook her delicate hand, leaning back from his position and onto his space on the wooden bench.

From a distance Tom Riddle nodded, giving him a silent gesture of welcome before turning back to stare blankly at Abraxas - who was giving Five a mild scowl.

McGonagall continued to read names off her piece of beige parchment, and the other houses continued to clap and congratulate their new comers. 
Once the last name was called - Olive Zaviander, Gryffindor - the headmaster stood up, saying 'tuck in' with his feeble voice before seating himself slowly back onto that large wooden chair.

The once empty, bronze plates that sat on the tables were now holding stacks of foods, of different varieties - the amount of food in front of Five almost making him feel sick.
The heavy smells, sounds of plates and cutlery scratching and clinking - it honestly drove Five a little insane.

He simply poured himself a cup of pumpkin juice, it wasn't coffee, but it would do for the moment.
He took little sips and observed those at the staff table.

As he did so Tom Riddle took the time to discreetly surveil Five.
He looked at the way his light azure eyes glinted, how his dark eyebrows contrasted greatly against them like black on white.
How he had such a serious look on his face, making Tom wonder what his expression would look like if he was sleeping.
He looked at Five's coffee brown hair and how it fell over his forehead in a delicate way that made him want to mess it up for some strange reason - and his sharp jawline that could fucking cut.

Tom averted his gaze elsewhere as Five finished making his observations on the teachers, blue meeting green for a second before breaking apart.

After dessert, and the students had their fill - the headmaster bid the school goodnight, the prefects calling the newcomers of the house they represented to follow them to their dorms.
Cicero walked alongside Five, his cloak fluttering behind him - which seemed strange compared to the old teen's own, which didn't seem to move or dance around more than a fraction. 

The group was led down a series of complicated steps that moved on their own, and past large portraits that held people that would follow the students either with their glinting gazes, or by physically moving through one another's portraits.

They entered the dungeons, which was positioned deep at the lowest section of Hogwarts - the amber lights illuminating the halls with an eerie glow.

"Deathly-Hallows." Were the words Tom spoke out clearly, loud and clear - the large stone wall opening up to the students like a mouth.
Camilla explained that in order to enter the Slytherin common room, they would have to direct the password towards the stone wall, and how each week the password would change

As the students entered the common room the prefects started speaking again.
"Now you see. Your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rule-breaking will lose house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the House Cup. So make sure that if you wish to be mischievous, then to do it without a trace that leads back to Slytherin.
You can't get in trouble, if you don't get caught.
The girls dorms are to the left, boys to the right - there will be no mingling between the two, otherwise there will be consequences.
Have a good night Slytherins, and tomorrow - you'll flourish."

The students glowed, tiredness only just cracking through their excited faces.
The Slytherin common room was decorated lightly, the dim lights giving off a mysterious vibe to the place -but in a way that still made it look very handsome.
Through the framed windows, they could only see sea green - the hazy colour shining through.
Above the lit fireplace, was a serpent mantlepiece - a large portrait of Salazar Slytherin sitting beside it.
The rough walls held intricate carving and stories, unique and beautiful - every one of them.

If anyone looked at Five right now, they would see no emotions, only an unreadable expression  that sat upon his relaxed face.
Cicero led Five up to his own dorm, opening the door for him and staying out of his way.
The boy turned to him, and gave a tired smile.

"You know, Cicero, you don't have to avoid me like that. I can trust you, and you can trust me - I won't snap that easily."
It was true, if Cicero wasn't to be trusted - then he wouldn't have even talked to him on that train.
Five decided that he wouldn't mind a little company, but only a little.

The blond grinned like a cheshire cat, round and thin framed glasses subtly sitting on the bridge of his pointed nose.

"Thanks, that means a lot - coming from my childhood hero."